• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Italians are coming!!!
09-29-2018, 05:37 AM,
Italians are coming!!!
Well, new post in WDS blog, now after touch the future of PzC West Goldification is turn to talk about PzB-NA and start talking about whats going to be on this title.

First is a preview of italians, a new nation in the PzB series, not the best but who wants allways command tall, blonde and with high attack values pixel soldiers???  Big Grin

Italians come with many different subunit types, you have at least 3 different set of counters, one for regular army, other for blackshirt units and something specific in Africa for italian army, the Libian divisions.

One thing you can notice in the vehicles area is the amount of portees italians have, even their own 88 on wheels (well its a 90mm) something we sure are going to see to in allied troops (i remember an Osprey book about allied TDs with a special dedication to these "emergency" solution that was very used in north Africa).

Apart this all info come from the "notes" pdf that is finished except for the german part and the first look to the visual OOB that is on its first steps.

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2018/...-italians/

Thanks for the info and to release italians first, expect we can see info faster and not in month pills because faster info come to us means game is closer to our HDs  Helmet Wink

PD: could be great touch in next info pill touch the allied minors leaving the big actors to the last moment.
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2018, 09:03 PM,
RE: Italians are coming!!!
Looking good, thanks for the link to the blog.
09-30-2018, 10:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 10:13 PM by Xaver.)
RE: Italians are coming!!!
Well, when there is a new post in the blog first thing i do is post in other wargaming forum i follow (JT/HPS secction covers very well all series with dedicated mother threads and all around news in WDS blog appear in a single thread now with 180 posts) and after do it i come here but i allways have the same ??? open a new thread or not... because i dont know if from WDS somebody is going to create an official post, sometimes is opened here at same time appear post in WDS but not allways.

The visual OOB is going to be very usefull if they cover OOB evolution in time if not well, at least help you have an idea of what expect in the allied side but in axis side is going to painfull do it because they offer the biggest variety in OOB part and is possible they need show same division with more than one OOB panel because structure change a lot in time.

I am curious if is possible port to PzB the fragile nation rule from PzC because looks like devs solve a problem with AI being not agresive enough to assault enemy (i did a fun scen with WWI style and AI in attacking part rare times assault to finish isolated enemy units, was very delayed because only clear these pockets by direct fire when assaulting could do it a lot faster) and well, with fragile nation rule could increase the speed to surrender traped units to simulate at least 40 battles and a little less post 40 actions (even i think in this to made in certain actions a simulation of full front lines collapse when the nation troops holding them were not very capable).

But now we are with PzB3 (maybe call it PzB-NA or PzB-41) and with italians that for me are going to be an interesting addition to the serie because is a nation with their own tactical situation.