• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Volcano Mods
09-24-2018, 11:51 PM,
c_Question Mark  Volcano Mods
Hello guys,

I was just on the Volcano Man's Volcano Mods page, but the downloads do not seem to work, nor does the Map Mod link seem to work either.  Is this page used anymore ?  Just curious ...

Thanks !
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2018, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 05:53 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: Volcano Mods
Just been on the VMods page and tried the B45 download and it worked just fine, no idea why you are not having any success?

I am not familiar with the current situation with Map Mod, I think because the PzC Gold upgrade is not compatible with Map Mod and it comes as standard with First World War titles the link may have been disabled?
09-25-2018, 07:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 07:48 AM by -72-.)
If the question concerns what happened to any MapMod links back to SDC on SDC (which hosted that material from 2009 - 2017 or so)- this was all removed by its creator.

I did get rid of the subdomain name after this happened; the site received no advance notice of this happening.
Send this user an email
09-25-2018, 11:11 PM,
(09-25-2018, 05:49 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Just been on the VMods page and tried the B45 download and it worked just fine, no idea why you are not having any success?

I am not familiar with the current situation with Map Mod, I think because the PzC Gold upgrade is not compatible with Map Mod and it comes as standard with First World War titles the link may have been disabled?

I had just attempted dl'ing the content for France '40 but didn't seem to get much of a response.  Perhaps my old brainbox was playing tricks on itself.  I will try again later this morning.
Thanks Mr Grumpy
09-26-2018, 01:43 AM,
http://www.volcanomods.com/downloads/France40.zip
His 'download' buttons have always been misdirected. You must click the pictures for the direct link.
09-26-2018, 04:27 AM,
Yes I was aware there had been issues with the download buttons/links, strange thing was when I clicked the button for the B45 download it worked first time which surprised me?  Wink
09-26-2018, 07:39 AM,
I too, had no issue when attempting to download different titles.

I am using FireFox.

Not sure if Chrome users are having the problems or not.
09-26-2018, 10:27 PM,
(09-26-2018, 07:39 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: I too, had no issue when attempting to download different titles.

I am using FireFox.

Not sure if Chrome users are having the problems or not.

Sure enough, the downloads work if one clicks on the picture, and not the Download button.  Go figure !  Big Grin 

Thanks for the help, guys !   Big Grin
09-27-2018, 05:04 AM,
I wonder if it is a browser related issue?
09-27-2018, 09:51 AM,
Javascript buttons with a php call instead of simple http link to the compressed files that have been on site for the last 5-10 years. Wouldn't blame the user in this case.