• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Teamproject "Hell gate: The Breakout from Cherkassy“
09-28-2018, 01:36 AM,
RE: Teamproject "Hell gate: The Breakout from Cherkassy“
(09-27-2018, 11:44 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: It's cool you guys speak out loud. Please continue. Just remember we're not Microsoft, just a few guys with a day job for paying the rent before any game development takes place. There's limits what we can and cannot do.

LOL! Cool?
Speaking out loud is a right as long as I do not yell fire in a movie theater. Whistle 
So far there is a fire but no movie theater.

I do perfectly understand what you are all doing. I applauded your actions to develop a new game. You donated/donate a lot of time for the success of your venture.
When it became "your venture" and not mine I was fine with that too. When you killed JTCS is when it became not fine. At that point you directly effected me.

I would have been happy with bug fixes, updated graphics, that new 2-D format, also adding many scenarios and campaigns.
I guess I could have hoped that you could have fixed the code to add the new 10k of unit slots. Magic4

But, I also know that Matrix is a business (like Microsoft is a business). Obviously the scale is not that of Microsoft. I wish them both success.
Unfortunately, for me, there is "Mac" or Linux if I soured on Microsoft.

From all the dramatic changes that were made (along with the bugs, lousy scenarios, and condescension from the developers), I quickly soured on CSME. And, with little faith in what you will do with EFIII, WF, and RS until I see what goes on with Vietnam, where does someone who loves this game go?
Where do I go when there is no more JTCS? Dead

I know that your vision of the future is not mine. I do hope that you and Matrix gain financial success with this venture. Enough to realize the dream and do all the versions of CS that you want.

I also wanted to let you know that you may be forcing me away. And, I would hope that Matrix would realize they need all the customers that they can get/keep?

Last post on this thread. Apologies for high jacking the thread.

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2018, 03:54 PM,
You have a talent to see an insult where none is intended, I give you that.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-28-2018, 05:17 PM,
(09-26-2018, 10:38 AM)Tankertony Wrote: Yeah, the full strategic realistic picture of the battle you couldn't really capture, but how about a phase of the battle such as the breakout to Lisyanka?  (see attached map)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_...-map-5.jpg

With regards to East Front III, I think its a great, noble, and wonderful endeavor to further the legacy of the Greatest Game Ever Created by Mankind. I've consistently played EF since 97' and its my all-time favorite. Perfectly Squad-Leaderesque. My understanding was that III would be the exact same game but with a revamped and much improved design engine. Great! But no need to mess with the graphics and basic design flow I hope.
We wish them well and hope it turns out to be a killer game!

Yes, Antony this would be an option to focus on a smaller part.  The crossing of the river Gniloi Tikitsch at Lisyanka was the dramatic final of the breakout where most of the casulties happend:  half frozen icy river, no bridge in sight, T34 in the back with HE-ammo, no AT-weapons on hand.  This really could offer some stuff for a proper scenario.

Of course this option is far from what in initally wanted, but this game has some limits I need to consider.
I looked at the scenario "Kolzo" which is the biggest one I've EVER seen....bur mine would be even bigger.
09-28-2018, 06:59 PM,
Hi Ragnar,

Scenario "Kolzo"?

I've never seen this scenario. Is it on this data base under a different name? Dont Know
09-29-2018, 06:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2018, 06:16 PM by Ragnar.)
(09-28-2018, 06:59 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hi Ragnar,

Scenario "Kolzo"?

I've never seen this scenario. Is it on this data base under a different name? Dont Know

Good morning Ivan,

I wrote the title wrong.  The name is "Koltso"  and can be found in the section for EF Scenarios.  

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/the-...io&id=5502

I was blown away when I looked at it.  Actually the designer pushed the limits what is possible with this game a lot.

Operation Koltso (Ring) covers the ultimate destruction of the German 6th army at Stalingrad. The operation runs from 10th January till2nd February 1943. This large scenario covers 414 x 300 hexes and over 16.000 units (including transport and leaders). The scenario features variable visibility (night, day, dusk and dawn turns) and conditional supply; all explained in explanatory notes. 

790 turns and 9999 smoke granates.

He portayed the entire 6th army with 22 division and both soviet fronts. He also develped some special rules for supply changes where you have to change the programm codes during the game.

Don't get me wrong. I would never play this scenario, but I have been very impressed and tip my hat to this genius. Must have been years of work!     And I think with my initial idea of the Cherkassy-Scenarion people would think the same:
"Impressive work but to large to play".

I will focus and improve my new scenario "Black sea black death" which can be found in the testing area as well.
The first game against tankertony brought up some issues and I have another one going on.
I play to publish the updated version this year and feel free to play it.   It's "only" Corpslevel but also with some nice day/night features
09-29-2018, 08:54 PM,
Thanks Ragnar!

I have it but it was in my EFII 1.04 update and not in my 2.02 (the latest) update.

It is a monster scenario for sure.

There is also another one in that Stalingrad period called Uranus which looks to be even larger at 945kb. However it is only 220 turns and all day at 8 hex visibility. It may be a simplification of the Keltso scenario but it looks like it takes place during an earlier time line because the Germans are not pocketed yet.

These mega-large scenarios are fun to look at but I don't think I would ever try one, well maybe. It would involve a time commitment that I don't have at the moment. But someday who knows...

Hope all is well for you in Germany!

Take care my friend!

John Smile
09-29-2018, 10:00 PM,
Another Great Scenario by by   H.J. Baltjes  is Hell's Highway;

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/the-...io&id=4668

I have played this one before and it would be more playable than the Stalingrad one.
10-01-2018, 02:25 AM,
You are welcome John. All fine here. Hope it is the same in the US.

Ok, I thought the scenario was quite new because of all the "new" units like bridging engineers, veterans etc.

Thanks for mentioning "Uranus". Very impressiv again!

I agree....unfortunately both scenario would consume to much time und even with one turn per week "Koltso" would last FIFTEEN YEARS.