• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Help
09-12-2018, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 01:16 PM by GerryM.)
Scenario Help

.jpg   Gefechtsaufklaerung.jpg (Size: 156.82 KB / Downloads: 6) Hello All:

Not great at these games but I am still dabbling a bit with CMBB and was wondering if you could help me figure out how to approach Gefechtsaufklaerung as the attacking Germans.

Here is the map. 

I have an on-board IFH18 105mm artillery piece with HE and 3S. Plus I have an Sdkfz 251/10 command HT. There are scattered tress around the road in the setup area. The house on the right is on a rise. Also have a StuG IIIB.

Do you leave the Gun in the setup area (best LOS is then when it is placed on the road in the setup area). Or do you tow it somewhere with the Sdkfz?

I am struggling to see how to use these tools at my disposal. Any help much appreciated.

Gerry

P.S. Can you tell me how to have the jpg display inside the post? Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2018, 11:46 PM,
RE: Scenario Help
Try whatever you think is best. I'd have the 105 readied on the track at the beginning. Whereever the enemy are concentrated I'd set it up somewhere furthest away and it would receive the most protection from rough terrain like scattered trees. Looks like sending at least 1 squad across the right flank would be best there since the slope is more level with the objective.
09-14-2018, 01:37 PM,
(09-13-2018, 11:46 PM)geoff Wrote: Try whatever you think is best. I'd have the 105 readied on the track at the beginning. Whereever the enemy are concentrated I'd set it up somewhere furthest away and it would receive the most protection from rough terrain like scattered trees. Looks like sending at least 1 squad across the right flank would be best there since the slope is more level with the objective.

So you are saying to not tow the Gun? It is a 15+ turn scenario with a small map (maybe 200+m to the village). What would you do with the HT that only has a 37mm Gun?
Thanks for your help.
09-14-2018, 10:19 PM,
I said I'd have the gun hitched to the halftrack to start with but set it up after reconning the enemies position. HT could be good for anti-armor. Best just to dive in and play it out. Terrain alone isn't conclusive to your strategy. The enemy is!