• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: September 2018 - Pairings
10-20-2018, 09:21 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: September 2018 - Pairings
(10-19-2018, 12:11 PM)Stefano Z Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 01:05 PM)DB_Zero Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 11:41 AM)Stefano Z Wrote: DB_Zero vs Stefano ended with a US total victory.
The Russians gave a good fight but some luck with US arty strikes and tunguskas unaware of drones flying overhead weighted heavily toward a US victory.

Was a lot of fun. I tried to make it a mini Stalingrad, but opponent wanted none of that although I did manage to destroy a M1 Abhrams at close range by a RPG team who fired at the rear of the beast. Massive Russian helicopter strikes and heavy artillery couldn't halt the advance.

It would be interesting to see some sort of variation to the scenario. Take away the APS on some or all of the American vehicles. I saw numerous ATGMs fired from heleos that were stopped by the APS. I also saw at least 2 RPGs stopped by APS on Bradleys.

I don't know if you can give penalty points for random destruction of buildings. IIRC in Shock Force if you damaged certain buildings. I was hiding behind building to get point blank range shots at the advancing armor, but opponent wisely just stood back and shot up buildings.

If there was some way to have ROEs so the advancing American couldn't just sit back and shoot up building like schools without penalty, then it could be more challenging.

I believe you got another Abrams with a Khrizantema volley that defeated the APS and another with a T90s, frontal shot from ~1k away.
I agree with you that less APS would make things more balanced.  I barely had to use the air support such was the disparity on the ground.

Yes that's correct the Khrizantema fired 2 missiles. The first one was defeated by the APS but the second fired a few seconds after the first one killed the Abrams. The T-90 also made the kill as you described. A few turns before it killed the Abrams it hit the same Abrams and apparently penetrated it but didn't kill it as it retreated out of sight.

With a few changes like less APS and making some buildings like the school off limits for destruction and maybe giving the Russian side 1 mobile SAM and maybe 1 or 2 more ATGM or even a few minefields would really make the game a real challenge.
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2019, 11:34 PM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: September 2018 - Pairings
CMFI: Biazzo Ridge

Allies - Axis

Singapore Sling - Panzer Lehr [FINISHED]
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
Quote this message in a reply