• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M901 ITV
08-29-2018, 03:32 PM,
M901 ITV
Looking through the equipment database for IronX's "Red Star Mod" I see that the M901 ITV is equipped with just 2 TOW missiles. My understanding is that the M901 ITV was loaded with 10 TOW missiles.

10 Tow Missiles makes this a formidable weapon despite the fragile armour, just 2 and it becomes just an expensive target.

Is this an out of character error?  his databases appear to have been fairly meticulously researched as far as I can see or is there some other rationale for this that I am missing?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2018, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 03:40 AM by fastphil.)
RE: M901 ITV
(08-29-2018, 03:32 PM)Embis Wrote: Looking through the equipment database for IronX's "Red Star Mod" I see that the M901 ITV is equipped with just 2 TOW missiles. My understanding is that the M901 ITV was loaded with 10 TOW missiles.

10 Tow Missiles makes this a formidable weapon despite the fragile armour, just 2 and it becomes just an expensive target.

Is this an out of character error?  his databases appear to have been fairly meticulously researched as far as I can see or is there some other rationale for this that I am missing?

The launcher can only hold two at a time but does have  reloads.  The missiles must be loaded by hand by the loader so I am not sure if this was the reason.  Another thing about the game model I am not sure about is the 901 can fire from the hull down position with only the elevated launcher exposed.  My information is from Jane's and the Army Field Manual for the ITV.  Another interesting feature is to preserve battery life the ITV needed to be running to raise, train, lower the launcher so I am wondering about the exhaust telltale of an M113.
08-30-2018, 04:00 AM,
Thanks Phil,
From what I have read the 901 can be reloaded "Under armour".... and the 901 can be set to hull down in the scenario editor.

I could edit the database to add another 8 TOWS.... but since you and I are in the middle of a game where you might have a 901... 
.....I probably wont  TEEHEE
Napoleon I
08-30-2018, 04:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 04:10 AM by fastphil. Edit Reason: typo )
(08-30-2018, 04:00 AM)Embis Wrote: Thanks Phil,
From what I have read the 901 can be reloaded "Under armour".... and the 901 can be set to hull down in the scenario editor.

I could edit the database to add another 8 TOWS.... but since you and I are in the middle of a game where you might have a 901... 
.....I probably wont  TEEHEE

Big Grin  The under armor just means there is some armor plate to help shield the loader but the top must be opened and the missiles loaded by the loader.
08-30-2018, 10:47 PM,
Replying to my own posts here is getting to be a bad habit, but someone else may find this thread useful. Smile

In the Scenario editor you can select an individual weapon, such as the Tow Missiles, and increase the strength (number) of it. 

So in this way I can edit the M901 ITV's,  increase the strength of the TOWs from just 2 to 10 and have them fully loaded at the beginning of the scenario.

Mortar
Napoleon I