[Image: SYW1.jpg]

[Image: SYW2.jpg]

[Image: SYW3.jpg]

For more info about the game, check out the main product page located here:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Musket...rsWar.html
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2018, 03:12 AM,
RE: JTS The Seven Years War Released
GREAT!!! only problem is you break my buy plan... aaaa i want it but my idea of a big pack to have the discount is in red light!!!

I like read that column now is not usefull in melee but... what about block formation??? is removed in this title no??? you only can have line of column (a column like in EAW serie).

The new art i imagine is what we are going to see in goldification for at least EAW serie no??? ummm that kind of unit art is better than the one we have now and i dont know why looks better compared with FWW.

Counters are bigger but i need adapt to the "plain" style.

Great job, expect i can enjoy the title soon.
08-24-2018, 03:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 03:14 AM by Aces8.)
Wow it looks really beautiful. And wow happy to see Jison making more maps.
08-24-2018, 03:20 AM,
No units in SYW are rated for Pike Block. By the SYW (1756-63), the use of pikes had been phased out, and pretty much everything was done in line.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
08-24-2018, 03:30 AM,
Thanks for the reply, i imagine this but i was curious about it... maybe for an "earlier" title to represent the last uses of pike in battlefield... could be interesting mix battles with armies like the one we can see in SYW but with other armies still using it (even later in time).
08-24-2018, 05:04 AM,
The M&P engine is kind of designed to handle the entire era from the pike era through later Linear Warfare (which this game is). There should be more games which are set in the period of the transition :)

This is the first game in the engine in awhile, but it shouldn't be the last.
08-24-2018, 07:55 AM,
(08-24-2018, 03:12 AM)Xaver Wrote: GREAT!!! only problem is you break my buy plan... aaaa i want it but my idea of a big pack to have the discount  is in red light!!!

I like read that column now is not usefull in melee but... what about block formation??? is removed in this title no??? you only can have line of column (a column like in EAW serie).

The new art i imagine is what we are going to see in goldification for at least EAW serie no??? ummm that kind of unit art is better than the one we have now and i dont know why looks better compared with FWW.

Counters are bigger but i need adapt to the "plain" style.

Great job, expect i can enjoy the title soon.

No idea about EAW or NB, how that will work - there will be mods that you can use there that are close.

It will be pretty close to what you will see backdated to REN, though - and you can find some of those images in the user.pdf file.

Block formation isn't 'removed' per se, but no units are coded that can use block - in that I believe (and Gary can correct me) - but his infantry are all listed as 'restricted, which effectively means you cannot use that formation.  You can still edit OOBs on your own to add it in if you want -so it is still a part of the series (big part).
Send this user an email
08-24-2018, 08:00 AM,
Steve's got it right. In game there are a variety of OOB settings about what units can or cannot do. Because of the nature of the armies, no units in SYW are coded for it. (On the other hand, if someone were to do Borodino in this engine, there is no reason they couldn't do the Moscow Militia in block.)

Effectively, the "flip" is around the time of the War of the League of Augsburg IIRC (been awhile, so I could have that wrong in my head). From that point on, the adoption of the bayonet led to the rapid phasing out of pikes (and thus, pike block.)
08-24-2018, 08:56 AM,
I will be looking to get into a club game of this new title. Putting on my Prussian spurs as we speak! ROFL
08-24-2018, 09:05 AM,
Great stuff ,  looks fantastic can't wait to fire up ...

" 26 specifically scripted for play against the A/I "

Nice ... thank you
Animo Et Fide