• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vols mods issue
08-20-2018, 07:30 AM,
Vols mods issue
I like the look of Volcanos mods....but I always seem to have a slight issue when im shifting his folders into my game files.

specifically, I can never seem to be able to transfer over the Units.dat file for each nationality. It will never let me overwrite the old file and put the new file in, and I always have issues transferring over a 'new faction' into my existing game folder. Typically these are usually listed as the East-German folder. As he says in his Sealion '40 mod-"This "East-German" folder is actually the Kriegsmarine nationality.  Since the nationalities are hard-coded into the game I had to use a directory name that the game recognizes."

the computer always tells me that the East-German folder already exists and I can never shift Vols folder over....even if the East-German folder isnt even used in that game. 

im sure im doing something wrong...any help would be appreciated
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2018, 07:55 AM,
RE: Vols mods issue
Try this first, go to Volcanoman's site, scroll to the Sealion mod, DO NOT CLICK the download button, instead click or double click on the unit art to start the download.
Then unzip to correct game folder.

I had a similar problem, the files were not totally downloading.
08-20-2018, 07:57 AM,
I always have this same issue. There is a single file called "file" which will nut cut and paste. I literally have to go through and copy all of the individual .bmp files and copy them over to the appropriate "units" folder, and then the same with the background files which go into the main nationality folder. This seems tedious, but I have a system and it works. There is probably a much easier way, I just haven't taken the time to figure it out once I had a solution.
08-21-2018, 03:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 03:19 AM by KAreil.)
You could try the JSGME mod enabler.

A free tool doing the actual replacement and backup of the files. I always use it and never encountered problems.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
08-21-2018, 05:59 AM,
(08-20-2018, 07:55 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Try this first, go to Volcanoman's site, scroll to the Sealion mod, DO NOT CLICK the download button, instead click or double click on the unit art to start the download.
Then unzip to correct game folder.

I had a similar problem, the files were not totally downloading.

thats how i do it. the issue isnt with getting the files downloaded..the issue is that some of the folders and files I Dl wont go into the game folder

Attached Files
.jpg   Untitled-1 copy.jpg (Size: 91.23 KB / Downloads: 6)
08-21-2018, 07:52 AM,
Can't say I've seen this before, would you like me to send a zipped file of the complete EG folder for S'40.
If so, send me a email and I will attach the file.
08-21-2018, 08:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 08:30 AM by Steelwhip.)
(08-21-2018, 07:52 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Can't say I've seen this before, would you like me to send a zipped file of the complete EG folder for S'40.

naw dont worry about it. its just for KGM unit types...not something im too worried about. just an issue that I have ran into with other mods Vol has done.....ME '67 and Budapest come to mind....doesnt really effect gameplay. 

besides..if its not letting me put Vols East German folder in my game directory because its saying the folder already exists..I doubt your version is going to do any better
08-21-2018, 06:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 06:53 PM by Lowlander. Edit Reason: clarifacations )
(08-21-2018, 08:29 AM)Steelwhip Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 07:52 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Can't say I've seen this before, would you like me to send a zipped file of the complete EG folder for S'40.

naw dont worry about it. its just for KGM unit types...not something im too worried about. just an issue that I have ran into with other mods Vol has done.....ME '67 and Budapest come to mind....doesnt really effect gameplay. 

besides..if its not letting me put Vols East German folder in my game directory because its saying the folder already exists..I doubt your version is going to do any better

Can you delete all the files in the games EG folder, then delete the EG folder, if they are hidden files do you know how to make them visible.
You may have to select " run as administrator " to perform these actions.
Then try to install the mod again.

You could just wait on the Gold Edition release.
08-22-2018, 02:57 AM,
(08-21-2018, 06:50 PM)Lowlander Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 08:29 AM)Steelwhip Wrote:

Can you delete all the files in the games EG folder, then delete the EG folder, if they are hidden files do you know how to make them visible.
You may have to select " run as administrator " to perform these actions.
Then try to install the mod again.

You could just wait on the Gold Edition release.