• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

76mm Shermans in PB Normandy?
07-29-2018, 07:29 AM,
76mm Shermans in PB Normandy?
I've been playing my way through the 2nd AD campaign, and so far I haven't seen any of these. Scenario description for Percy mentions them being used, but I haven't seen them in that scenario either. They are in the graphics viewer, sure. But are they actually present in a scenario? Same goes for M18 Hellcats too I believe.
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2018, 01:47 PM,
RE: 76mm Shermans in PB Normandy?
Good catch on the 76s. I just reviewed emails - this was all back 3-4 or more years ago so my memory didn't cover it all without seeing the old emails. We had a lot of tweaks around the companies involved, and their tanks. The formations using the 76 versions later in the campaign were changed multiple times as we got more information, and I would guess that at some point the E company formation referred to in Percy was flip flopped between the two types and then lost, except for Barenton. So come Barenton, they will be present, answering that part. I will send David new versions where applicable for whenever there may be an update.

For the M-18s, the only formation with them is the 6th Armored and no scenarios include that formation, that I can think of.

Thanks
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-02-2018, 08:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 10:33 AM by All_American.)
RE: 76mm Shermans in PB Normandy?
I see, thanks for the reply. While I'm having it easier compared to the British campaign due to the relative scarcity of heavier German armor in the American sector, I still wouldn't mind my mediums having that nice 28 HA. Looking forward to Barenton then.