LFG CMFB (or CMBN)
07-26-2018, 02:06 AM,
Opponent Wanted  LFG CMFB (or CMBN)
CMFB 2.00 (Engine 4)
I Suggest:

Mirror match
QB - Medium to Huge
Strict Rarity

German probe (+10%) vs US. If both agree that terrain is very defendable we can adjust the attackers points up a bit. OR meeting engagement. Naturally we can also do US probe (+10%) vs Germany.

Ground Conditions: Either muddy/patchy snow/light snow
Weather: Freezing - Light Fog, Heavy Fog, Light Snow, Heavy Snow or Blizzard (Visibility and grosscountry mobility will be affected)
Time of day: Dawn or Day (Dawn might be nice for larger and longer game)

House rules: No defender preplanned artillery strikes (TRPs are ok) and no arty on attackers deployment zone. 
Other than that you can use your own judgement. I personally prefer realistic and reasonable combined arms units and we can also agree on infantry only or light mech/recon only battles. I generally don't fight till the last pixeltroop unless you absolutely insist that we duke it out to the very bitter end so if there is no longer realistic way to win the battle (or get a draw) my troops will quit the field. 

I also have CMBN (4.00 (engine 4) no vehicle pack) if you would prefer that game instead. 

We will use dropbox and I also use cmh

Cheers!
-H1nd
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2018, 06:50 AM,
RE: LFG CMFB (or CMBN)
I'm interested. Medium/Large probe on a map with some room to maneuver and realistic style terrain.

No Heavy snow or blizzard, but any of the others are good.

My only concern is the +10% for the attacker. The attacking force has a big advantage in numbers already. If anything I usually give the attacking force -10% for a more balanced fight. I'd play either position with either force at standard purchase points.

I'm not into Gamey tactics, won't buy ridiculous forces, wont' try and box the attacker into their setup zone, use empty mortar units as suicide scouts, etc. Enjoy opponents who have similar views. I usually go further even with the rule of the defender will not engage the attackers setup zone in any way, not just for artillery.

If that's interesting to you let me know. I'm GMT -7
Sometimes I'm around a lot and can get many turns done, other times I can't. I'll always finish the games.
07-28-2018, 12:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 12:17 AM by H1nd.)
Excellent! I'll start a pm thread to sort out the specifics for our game.

As for the +10% probe, I ran the numbers way back and the whole point was to give attacker same amount of points as with Assault but also maximize the points for defender.

Large Assault (+-0%) 5820 pts for attacker 3178 for defender
Large Attack (+-0%) 5599 pts for attacker 3399 for defender
Large Probe (+-0%) 5380pts for attacker 3620 for defender
Large Probe (+10%) 5907pts for attacker 3620 for defender

Difference is not big and I think I originally got the idea when trying to max out a Huge quick battles. For smaller games it is not that big of a deal so we might as well go with 0% modifier.

Cheers!
-H1nd
07-28-2018, 01:03 AM,
Well I see what you were trying to do. Makes sense in that context. Although I never play assaults because I find them so unbalanced.

Probes are my preferred QB's due to the tighter point spread between sides. Probes also place more emphasis on casualty count than attacks or assaults do. I think casualty count should be more prevalent in the final score than it is. Many times I see players gamey bum rush objectives (or use gamey suicide tactics) with no regard to their force or casualties, they occupy the objectives and get a win even though they have taken 60% or more casualties. To me players who have no regard for the casualties their side takes should not win, and although Probes are still not the solution to that problem they are the closest thing to it.

Even with the closer point spread I find giving the attacker -10% is very acceptable. But 0 is of course fine to.

So that's my thinking. I'll look for your PM.
Sometimes I'm around a lot and can get many turns done, other times I can't. I'll always finish the games.
07-31-2018, 12:48 AM,
Bump.
Still looking for at least one another opponent if anyone is interested.

-H1nd
07-31-2018, 03:44 AM,
I would like to go for medium size if you agree?
This is my return to CM, so whatever you like to setup I will be happy :)
Just let me know if I have to buy CMFB or CMBN ? :)
08-02-2018, 05:39 AM,
PM Sent

-H1nd