• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles Normandy
07-24-2018, 04:25 PM,
Panzer Battles Normandy
Current opponent utilized an old PC trick by removing units from map to avoid major defeat.  remove from map option should include some sort of penlaty,
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2018, 09:21 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles Normandy
I would suggest altering the scenario if a player can run away and exit and win the scenario without fighting. if fighting is involved and still a withdrawal from the map prevents a win, would need to view more about it. Using the map edge to trap units is as tricky as withdrawing, I feel it is a legitimate move to remove units from the map if they are pushed up against it, but just pulling back and leaving not so much.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-27-2018, 06:30 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles Normandy
Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you!

I'll be the first to admit that it is no fun getting overrun, especially early on in a PBEM knowing that the game is already lost.

I am guessing that Beerweasel likes to play to the very last turn so that way all of the units are displayed on the map, at the end of the game.

It is unfortunate that the PzB does not have a Early Termination Bid as is present in some of the other JTS series like ACW and Nap.

Having an option for a Early Termination Bid makes alot of sense as it gives a PBEM opponent the option to end a game early and also allows both opponents to automatically see the locations of all of the remaining units on the game map.

As you guys already know, currently in the PzB series, if an opponent wants to surrender a game, both sides have no chance to automatically see the map positions of all remaining units.  This can only be done if you play out every single turn, to the end.

Also, having the option for a Early Termination Bid would also help SOLO and PBEM players in that this feature would allow a player who is playing a Campaign game against the AI or a human to easily end a lop-sided game, and not force them to play meaningless turns just so they can get to the end of a scenario, so they can advance to the next one.

It sounds like you could have for sure used the Early Termination Bid in the scenario you guys just played.