• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
09-14-2020, 06:29 AM,
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
(09-13-2020, 06:34 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 12:55 PM)Ocito80 Wrote: Can anyone shed some light on the arrival of 15th fallschirmjager Regiment (5th FJ div) into normandy. I have conflicting sources, one saying it arrived relatively early, attached to the 17th SS and another saying it didn't arrive until early July.

According to the commander of the division the first elements of the division, the I./Fallschirm-Regiment 15 had reached the vicinity of St. Lo (along with I./Fallschirm-Artillerie-Regiment 5.) on 25 June, while the II./Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 15 was located 5 kilometers northeast of Percy. The III./Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 15 lagged behind and had only reached a point ten kilometers southeast of Avranches.

BTW Fallschirm-Regiment 14 arrived by 9 July (Avranches-Dianan area). Fallschirm-Regiment 13 moved from St Malo to Normandy area by 14 July.

(G. Wilke, Bericht über 5. Fallsch.J.Div. in der Normandie v. 6. Juni–24. Juli 44, MS # B-820, p. 2.)

Cool, I appreciate the info.
Atheory / Designer of the "Tattered Flags Wargame Engine"(Currently on the look for a developer partner)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign - by Ocito80 - 09-14-2020, 06:29 AM