• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
09-11-2020, 09:08 PM,
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
(09-11-2020, 05:09 AM)berto Wrote: If I understand the code correctly (it is JT's code, not my own), if my investigations and diagnosis are correct, I don't think the limitation is the gross number of units.  Rather it is the number of unique unit graphics images.

Indeed, this would explain how in more than one of my tests I was able to add dozens more German units, because they were units using counter graphics in use by other units already on map.  Eventually, yes, I could add one more German unit that locked up the program.  Presumably (I can't say for sure, I didn't check) it was a new unit type, with a new set of counter graphics not already in use.

As it pertains to potential program lock-up, it should make no difference if you have one supply unit, or 10, or 100, since they all share the same several unit counter images (for the several different zooms, and the NATO variant).

I think your revised plan is a reasonable one.  I would be surprised if you can't implement as many supply units as you need.

Interesting. I assume you are referring to the graphic images used for the counters? Would it be possible then to design a mega-scenario where the counters all used generic "Nato" style images, thereby reducing the number of graphic images? Just curious...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign - by LordDeadwood - 09-11-2020, 09:08 PM