• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
09-09-2020, 07:11 AM,
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
@Ocito80:

I think maybe the only way I can pursue this any further is to somehow replicate your error condition here.

Please try another experiment.  Using the same, latest pbedit.exe (version #7)

-- Every time you add a new unit (or whatever), save the scenario, except ...
-- Wait a while to see if the editor has locked up.  Only if the editor has not locked up, only then proceed to add another unit (or ?).  Do not save if the scenario has locked up!  I need to get a .scn file that just precedes the lock-up, not one with the lock-up just having occurred.
-- When the scenario locks up, in addition to the Logs/pbedit.log file, also zip up and send your saved .scn file -- the one you saved just before adding the unit (or ?) that precipitates the lock-up.
-- Although the pbedit.log should indicate it, please indicate the last unit you added (and that caused the lock-up), also at which hex you have added the unit (or ?).

If I still can't replicate the error, I can only guess why your setup would lock up while mine would not.

Dumb question, maybe:  What version of Windows are you using?  Also what build?  (Available in the Control Panel under PC Name.)  I have just been assuming you are using Windows 10!

Also, what is your system RAM?  Your video card, and its RAM?  These last probably don't matter, since I think you are exhausting some constrained Windows "system resource" other than raw memory.  Still, it wouldn't hurt for me to know your system specs better.

If I can't replicate the lock-up here, there might indeed be something different/weird about your [OS] setup that explains the difference in outcomes.

We shall see, I hope.  Good luck.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign - by berto - 09-09-2020, 07:11 AM