• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
08-10-2020, 08:36 AM,
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
Day 8 Update

The work is extensive, and time is beginning to blur a little as the days roll by. All initial German placements are complete. Now the tedious task of setting up the reinforcement schedules. This I call phase 2, with phase 1 being the initial on map placements. Phase 3 will be the replenishment units. Then this will be duplicated for the Allied side.

I'm attempting to push forward reinforcement locations to minimize the time spent ushering units from the rear to the front. The effects of allied air superiority will be applied, but many units should arrive nearer to the front rather then enter way off by the map edge. I'm using the schedules found in PzC Normandy in concert with my own research to be as accurate as possible.

I've settled on 4 night turns, as a 5th was not possible, lacking another 60 minutes.

I will attempt to use supply vehicles as I think its the best way to manipulate the supply situation as needed. It would seem these aren't used in any scenarios, by evidence that the equipment in the data file exceed the current stock pdt limitations(preventing their placement on the map). Creating my own supply equipment caused an error and crashed the scenario, so I was forced to adjust the current supply equipment in the data file(reduced them from 20 to 10 vehicles). These are the only stock equipment adjusted and should not interfere with the other stock scenarios.

I've been toying with a comical introduction, something like "You didn't ask for it, you may not want it, but you got it. This monstrosity is here to strip away the soul of those fool-hearty enough to tackle it." Kidding aside, at the very least should make for a great team game.

With the goal of July 7th as the cut out off point (point where caen was considered taken) with each day having 36 turns, minus the time adjusted on june 6th, that gives the scenario roughly 1,112 turns. That is not a typo.

The RAD units around cherbourg will not be deployed, instead their manpower will be the abstract justification for the cherbourg landfort Wn units. Their manpower was historically distributed into combat units and by extension used to man the landfort defenses.

If any artists wish to contribute, there are about a dozen unit types that would benefit from some updated artwork. Otherwise, stock images will continue to suffice.

This update has been sponsored by "crazy", cause one has to be crazy to do this.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign - by Ocito80 - 08-10-2020, 08:36 AM