• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
08-01-2020, 04:35 AM,
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
Needing a little respite from designing my own wargame and writing my first novel, I intend to spend some time on this project once again. Work has begun on the OOB adjustments.

Key features:
1) 30 day campaign to see if the Allies can take, or the Germans hold, various objectives by the historical date. Not for the faint of heart. But should be enjoyable for those few of us that love large, complex scenarios.
2) Company formation is removed, relying on Battalion structure for flexibility to combine more units as losses are accrued.
3) Replacement Platoons will arrive on the map periodically to serve as replenishment for depleted units. These will primarily be for line infantry battalions and some Armored Units. Abstractly, these serve to represent wounded men, or damaged vehicles recovered, more so then new replacements. Right now the tentative plan is for the Allies to have 4 such units in each battalion, one arriving every third day. The German battalions will get two, with one arriving every fifth day.
4) AT/AA companies/batteries are re-imagined. Instead of being represented as guns, they will be classified as HW units with an infantry number as their strength. Unit values are reworked to accommodate the increase in strength.
5) Armored Unit structure is a little ahistorical, removing most, if not all, the 1, 2 and 3 strength units. Instead focusing on 4-8 strength units. Also the Stabs are removed, keeping the unit strength fully capable to combining as necessary. This also plays a role in #3 above.
6) In combination with #4, WN units are converted to match. Platoon availability in units manning these weapons will be adjusted accordingly. All artillery/mortars remain as guns, except for the 75mm guns in WN units, these too are converted.
7) The database will have many new additions, with the purpose of not affecting stock scenarios. This is the only way to avoid requiring a separate installation to play this scenario. And will also require a lot of renamed images.
8) Ticking VP objectives should improve the incentive to take/defend various objectives.

With 60 hours available this week to work on it. We will see how far I get and go from there.

Cheers
Atheory (aka Ocito80)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign - by Ocito80 - 08-01-2020, 04:35 AM