• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
07-21-2018, 02:52 PM,
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
I've done a great deal of work on the German OOB thus far, and recently I've been taking a look at Felders battalions, or Feld-Ersatz bataillon. Using what limited resources I have access to, I have been researching how best to employ them in my scenario. I'm not comfortable having them setup as a pure separate combat battalion for which wasn't their design. Especially given the lessons learned by now from using them in such a capacity on the Eastern Front.

At the moment I've been leaning towards the following, which is really just a reduced version.
1) The felders btl would exist typically as foot infantry, requiring the need for divisional/corps assets to transport them if needed. Even those in panzer divisions.
2) The btl would be reshaped and given 2(two) Felders-Alarm Kompanie for a total of 6 Felders-Alarm Zug. These platoons will have a unique component (Gren-Felders Zug) or (PzG-Felders Zug). These platoons will have slightly less SA and Assault values than the standard combat zug. I'm having difficulty finding if they would have easy/quick access to infantry anti-tank weapons so I am unsure of their HA value at this time.
3) Each Infantry battalion in a regiment under a division will be given an additional Platoon as reinforcement to arrive sometime during the scenario. These platoons will be of a standard combat zug component found within the corresponding battalion. This will represent some of the flow of replacement troops sent to the combat units through the Felders-Btl.

The Felders-Btl would only consist of the following
Stab Unit
1./Felders-Alarm Zug
2./Felders-Alarm Zug
3./Felders-Alarm Zug
4./Felders-Alarm Zug
5./Felders-Alarm Zug
6./Felders-Alarm Zug

Anywho, just some thoughts for now. If anyone has insights, feel free to share them.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign - by Ocito80 - 07-21-2018, 02:52 PM