• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
09-12-2020, 06:21 AM,
RE: Atheory's Project: PzB-Normandy Campaign
(09-12-2020, 06:10 AM)berto Wrote: Keep in mind that David is based out of Singapore, while I am here in Chicago.  At some times of the day (night?), we can interact in real time.  But at other times, there is a delay while one or the other is asleep, etc.  So please be patient, don't sit on pins and needles waiting for this.   Waiting2

yes, hence the use of this guy TEEHEE TEEHEE TEEHEE TEEHEE TEEHEE TEEHEE
Atheory / Designer of the "Tattered Flags Wargame Engine"(Currently on the look for a developer partner)
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2020, 12:01 PM,
As the code gurus work, I am still progressing with the revised campaign. With only 40% of units needing placement (for the American Sector), progress is rapid, comparatively speaking. Allied Units are already 99% placed and I am already progressing with the Germans. Having done this three times now, it's like mostly muscle memory at this point.

Afterwards, I will work on supply and victory points, then do some testing. I contemplated letting the airborne units drop, but decided to start the scenario as originally planned, at 0630.

Stay Tuned
Atheory / Designer of the "Tattered Flags Wargame Engine"(Currently on the look for a developer partner)
09-13-2020, 12:55 PM,
Can anyone shed some light on the arrival of 15th fallschirmjager Regiment (5th FJ div) into normandy. I have conflicting sources, one saying it arrived relatively early, attached to the 17th SS and another saying it didn't arrive until early July.
09-13-2020, 06:34 PM,
(09-13-2020, 12:55 PM)Ocito80 Wrote: Can anyone shed some light on the arrival of 15th fallschirmjager Regiment (5th FJ div) into normandy. I have conflicting sources, one saying it arrived relatively early, attached to the 17th SS and another saying it didn't arrive until early July.

According to the commander of the division the first elements of the division, the I./Fallschirm-Regiment 15 had reached the vicinity of St. Lo (along with I./Fallschirm-Artillerie-Regiment 5.) on 25 June, while the II./Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 15 was located 5 kilometers northeast of Percy. The III./Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 15 lagged behind and had only reached a point ten kilometers southeast of Avranches.

BTW Fallschirm-Regiment 14 arrived by 9 July (Avranches-Dianan area). Fallschirm-Regiment 13 moved from St Malo to Normandy area by 14 July.

(G. Wilke, Bericht über 5. Fallsch.J.Div. in der Normandie v. 6. Juni–24. Juli 44, MS # B-820, p. 2.)
09-13-2020, 07:22 PM,
Ocito80. I have sent you a DM regarding an updated build.

Thanks,

David
09-14-2020, 06:29 AM,
(09-13-2020, 06:34 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 12:55 PM)Ocito80 Wrote: Can anyone shed some light on the arrival of 15th fallschirmjager Regiment (5th FJ div) into normandy. I have conflicting sources, one saying it arrived relatively early, attached to the 17th SS and another saying it didn't arrive until early July.

According to the commander of the division the first elements of the division, the I./Fallschirm-Regiment 15 had reached the vicinity of St. Lo (along with I./Fallschirm-Artillerie-Regiment 5.) on 25 June, while the II./Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 15 was located 5 kilometers northeast of Percy. The III./Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 15 lagged behind and had only reached a point ten kilometers southeast of Avranches.

BTW Fallschirm-Regiment 14 arrived by 9 July (Avranches-Dianan area). Fallschirm-Regiment 13 moved from St Malo to Normandy area by 14 July.

(G. Wilke, Bericht über 5. Fallsch.J.Div. in der Normandie v. 6. Juni–24. Juli 44, MS # B-820, p. 2.)

Cool, I appreciate the info.
09-14-2020, 10:54 AM,
A request of the Devs: Is is possible to have supply depots be represented by infantry as opposed to vehicles. Due to most PDT, only a max of 10 strength can be placed on the map. As they are not used in scenarios (from what I've seen) the ones listed in the data file are 20 strength and thus unable to be placed on the map. I can manually adjust it down to 10 which is fine(and what I have done). I attempted to create my own supply equipment in the data file but that seemed to break it and I had to delete the entries. Based on how the supply mechanics work, I am guessing it is not possible.

Not a priority, more a QOL factor is all.
09-14-2020, 11:38 AM,
(09-14-2020, 10:54 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: A request of the Devs: Is is possible to have supply depots be represented by infantry as opposed to vehicles. Due to most PDT, only a max of 10 strength can be placed on the map. As they are not used in scenarios (from what I've seen) the ones listed in the data file are 20 strength and thus unable to be placed on the map. I can manually adjust it down to 10 which is fine(and what I have done). I attempted to create my own supply equipment in the data file but that seemed to break it and I had to delete the entries. Based on how the supply mechanics work, I am guessing it is not possible.

Not a priority, more a QOL factor is all.

The issue is that you have changed the stacking limits in your PDT file. You have a road limit of 80 and a maximum hex limit of 100. We have 80 & 200 in the standard scenarios respectively. I have no idea why you have halved the upper limit?

David
09-14-2020, 12:42 PM,
Well, don't I feel silly. Didn't realize I did that. thanks
09-14-2020, 04:31 PM,
Progress has resumed. I've actually started some initial testing. Using NATO counters does simplify the unit image headache(a little). But, I confess, it provides less appeal than the new image style. Nostalgia for the win though!

Right now I decided against using the landing craft. They make adjustments a real pain as they don't display the unit they are carrying in the schedule listing. I might revisit this when the scenario is more fleshed out.