• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

East Front LCG - Battle of Kiev
07-09-2018, 05:45 PM,
East Front LCG - Battle of Kiev
[Image: Kiev.JPG]

On September 2, 1941, the SS Division "Das Reich" was moved from Smolensk to Novgorod Severskiy for reinforcement on the right wing of the XXIVth Panzer Corps, and subordinated to the attacking Panzer Group 2, Commander General Colonel Guderian. With the advance over Soznitza (04.09), the Desna at Makoschino, from Borsna to Priluki, and subsequent fights in the Romny area (22.09), the division takes part in the boiler battle of Kiev. Heavy rainfall and tough resistance of the Russian 5th Army were the hallmarks of these heavy battles. Until 26.09. The battles for the Kettle of Kiev were brought to a victorious conclusion. The Russians capitulated, 665,000 men were taken prisoner.

to fint on Feldzugschmiede
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2018, 10:49 PM,
RE: East Front LCG - Battle of Kiev
Oh, this is excellent, playing this right now! Wine

One tiny suggestion to your next version: I am playing the first battle at the moment, and am noticing the transports are all 6SP units. They add to stacking limits quite quickly, but maybe that is by design so if SPs lost they can still carry their loads?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-10-2018, 01:29 AM,
(07-09-2018, 10:49 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Oh, this is excellent, playing this right now! Wine

One tiny suggestion to your next version: I am playing the first battle at the moment, and am noticing the transports are all 6SP units. They add to stacking limits quite quickly, but maybe that is by design so if SPs lost they can still carry their loads?

I use the transporters just to bring the units close to the enemy and then hide them in the Woods  Big Grin
I noticed no influence from the SP. If so, then report it and I'll correct it.

07-10-2018, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 05:39 AM by zap.)
…..
07-10-2018, 05:26 AM,
(07-10-2018, 01:29 AM)Eagle-FZS Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:49 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Oh, this is excellent, playing this right now! Wine

I use the transporters just to bring the units close to the enemy and then hide them in the Woods  Big Grin
I noticed no influence from the SP. If so, then report it and I'll correct it.

Oh, there are no errors. I just meant that 6SP Trucks with 6SP Platoons mean only two trucks and two platoons fit a hex, as there's a 24SP stacking limit per hex. 

With 3SP Trucks, as they'd carry 6SP of Infantry, it'd be possible to have more units packed into a hex where so wished. 

Mostly this is an issue when loading and unloading.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-10-2018, 04:36 PM,
The LCG has been created for Talonsoft Campaign Series East Front II. I can not say right now if there were only 6 SP trucks at that time, or just randomly selected, or if the OOB was changed in JTCS. I tested the LCG only in JTCS if it is playable and translates the description.

All the LCGs that I am currently publishing have been created for the additional CDs of the Feldzugschmiede which we distributed then. My main concern is that it is playable in JTCS. If I have published all the old LCGs of the Feldzugschmiede I will go through the LCGs again and check for such things as the trucks and possibly publish an update.