• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS: East Front III early alpha screenshots
06-24-2018, 02:35 AM,
RE: CS: East Front III early alpha screenshots
(06-24-2018, 02:31 AM)keif149 Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 02:27 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 02:01 AM)PzKw43 Wrote: The 2-D counters would look better with a solid background and eliminate the white outline around the vehicles and soldiers. Keep it simple. 

The 3-D looks great. 

Will the info box be made larger so people with 4k monitors don't have to mess around with the scaling settings every time they use the game?

Cheers,

There's two sets of counters in the Options menu, Standard, without any background, and Alternate, which are a bit larger and have this watermark style insignia or coat-of-arms thing in them. So that's already there  Helmet Smile

White outline is required, imho, as different colored chits, especially the darker ones, the units become difficult to see. 

As for the Info Box, we found out with CS Middle East some set-ups do not magnify it in 4k scaling, while others do. Not sure what causes that, hopefully something Microsoft can resolve in future updates, as 4k becomes more and more popular. 

That said, there's a good chance Info boxes will be re-designed at some stage. Not by CS Vietnam, but perhaps by East Front.

Will there be an option for the "classic" 2d black silhouette counters from EF 1.03?

What's this, a mod, or? Sorry, don't have 1.03 installed on my setup...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2018, 02:50 AM,
(06-24-2018, 12:38 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 12:17 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: First off I think the new treatment of mines will be a game changer indeed. I've always been a proponent of not being able to see mines until its to late.

Second, as in CSME, recon will be a big feature hands down. Wink

Third, being able to give the computer commands and execute orders is just plain awesome!! As we all know the A/I is weak. This function will change all of that I'm sure. Eek

Forth, any 3D screen shots for us 3D lovers?! Helmet Wink

Fifth, will 2D black silhouettes and NATO graphics be coming along for the ride with the new engine in 'Nam & EFIII?   Whistle

ItB Cigar5

Here's a very early 3D screenshot, before Mike's got his hands on those units. They are of JTCS vintage placeholders at the moment. 

For 2D NATO symbols for sure, while with the 2D profiles need to think how to get them done. Have to simplify the task somehow, so many of them, especially with the new, redone OOBs. 

As for the screenshot, here's 3D Zoom-In view, where units are similar size to JTCS Zoom-In, but terrain tiles are 150% in size. Looks much more tactical now, as maps got way larger. I for one really like these new larger maps as a whole. 

[Image: 97D46CDB04CE48FBAD463CC4D13A837D.jpg]

Yes Battle Kat I'm liking the new 3D scaling more and more. With hexes being larger it doesn't look as cluttered and like you say a more tactical feel. Also the new alpha tool bar is nice!

One issue I noticed with CSME in 3D the sides for embankments blend in to well with the surrounding base hex color. My old eyes have a tough time seeing whether is an embankment or not. Perhaps a little bit more contrast could be added in future updates.

As for the 2D black silhouettes hopefully a quick method for doing that can be achieved. 

Cheers!

ItB
06-24-2018, 03:24 AM,
Hello ItB, we've got a new 3D artist now in the team for 3D terrain, so likely, a fully new terrain for East Front.

There's new Biomes to be implemented: Temperate Forest, Taiga, and possibly: Tundra for Operation Silverfuchs. Also, new Regions in Eastern, Western, and Northern Europe. Something to keep him busy!

I'll try to figure out a way to have 2D black silhouettes, a popular option I know!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-24-2018, 03:39 AM,
I updated the 3D screenshot on post #7 to one with Soft Ground Conditions, as the original was the sunburnt terrain of Middle East yellow grass. Compare to one on ItBs reply #12, for things to come perhaps.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-24-2018, 03:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2018, 04:03 AM by Crossroads.)
One more. JTCS does not have a 3D Zoom-In, only 3D Normal. Here's "First Blood" then and now, in 3D Normal View.

With how the units are one zoom-view (and buildings two zoom levels) smaller in CS Next Generation, note again how much more "tactical" the game feels, as the maps feel much "bigger". So much more terrain to move about, to recon, to fight. Or so it feels.

It's all an illusion in a way, yet works a treat imho:

[Image: EEB53744D17C4ECA9CAD80117A7668FA.jpg]

[Image: 7F2774A1FE7944C1BD9CECAADB3809BD.jpg]

3D Zoom-In view, again, for comparison

[Image: 30AF47CBFE3742D9BC12D23ADDE9FC81.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-24-2018, 09:33 PM,
(06-24-2018, 03:39 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I updated the 3D screenshot on post #7 to one with Soft Ground Conditions, as the original was the sunburnt terrain of Middle East yellow grass. Compare to one on ItBs reply #12, for things to come perhap
Will all the existing maps be transferable to this engine ?

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-24-2018, 09:36 PM,
(06-24-2018, 09:33 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 03:39 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I updated the 3D screenshot on post #7 to one with Soft Ground Conditions, as the original was the sunburnt terrain of Middle East yellow grass. Compare to one on ItBs reply #12, for things to come perhap

VE

Yes, they are. 

There are new map features that can be added, like Airfields, Anti-tank ditches and so forth, if the designer so wishes. But they load up just fine. 

I am creating an early test set with First Blood, The Battle is Joined, and a new Winter War scenario I am creating based on my JTCS EF scenario. 

The conversion work has to do with creating a new ORG file, and then creating a new scenario in Scenario Editor by picking up the existing map, the new ORG, and then placing the units on map, and adding objectives, entrenchements, minefields etc. Smaller scenarios are a breeze to convert, while larger scenarios obviously require more time.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-29-2018, 07:47 AM,
(06-24-2018, 09:36 PM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 09:33 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote:

VE

Yes, they are. 

There are new map features that can be added, like Airfields, Anti-tank ditches and so forth, if the designer so wishes. But they load up just fine. 

I am creating an early test set with First Blood, The Battle is Joined, and a new Winter War scenario I am creating based on my JTCS EF scenario. 

The conversion work has to do with creating a new ORG file, and then creating a new scenario in Scenario Editor by picking up the existing map, the new ORG, and then placing the units on map, and adding objectives, entrenchements, minefields etc. Smaller scenarios are a breeze to convert, while larger scenarios obviously require more time.
Thanks
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-29-2018, 06:06 AM,
Any new teasers?
12-29-2018, 02:36 PM,
My questions is when are you guys going to take my money for this game.