• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need your advice!
05-25-2018, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2018, 08:08 AM by larsonney.)
Help  Need your advice!
Hello gents!! 

I am a long-term ground-pounder, mostly in the Panzer Campaigns series. I am reading Ian Toll's Pacific War trilogy and has piqued my interest in finding a theater-level game of the Pacific that I could play. 

Does one exist? It would ideally contain sea, air, and land elements with the ability to play small and medium scenarios and a grand campaign.

Instead of doing a bunch of internet searches, I figured I would rely on my fellow blitzers!

Thanks, J
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2018, 12:55 AM,
RE: Need your advice!
(05-25-2018, 08:08 AM)larsonney Wrote: Hello gents!! 

I am a long-term ground-pounder, mostly in the Panzer Campaigns series. I am reading Ian Toll's Pacific War trilogy and has piqued my interest in finding a theater-level game of the Pacific that I could play. 

Does one exist? It would ideally contain sea, air, and land elements with the ability to play small and medium scenarios and a grand campaign.

Instead of doing a bunch of internet searches, I figured I would rely on my fellow blitzers!

Thanks, J

Here are the options I can suggest:

1. War in the Pacific Admirals Edition, very steep learning curve
2. TOAW4 has an entire folder on WW2 Asia Theater
3. Order of Battle Pacific modules
4. JTS\HPS Midway, Guadalcanal, Squad Battles Games

That's all I can think of. Helmet Rolleyes
05-26-2018, 03:49 AM,
(05-26-2018, 12:55 AM)Gray Nemesis Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 08:08 AM)larsonney Wrote: Hello gents!! 

Thanks, J

Here are the options I can suggest:

1. War in the Pacific Admirals Edition, very steep learning curve
2. TOAW4 has an entire folder on WW2 Asia Theater
3. Order of Battle Pacific modules
4. JTS\HPS Midway, Guadalcanal, Squad Battles Games

That's all I can think of. Helmet Rolleyes

Thanks Ed!
05-26-2018, 04:21 AM,
A no brainer !!!.

War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition, but you must be patient, wait until it comes on sale again.
Has some great mods for map, ships, rotating aircraft art for each year/major model etc.

Look forward to years of gaming then try it from the other side.

The best game investment in town.
05-26-2018, 01:07 PM,
(05-26-2018, 04:21 AM)Lowlander Wrote: A no brainer !!!.

War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition, but you must be patient, wait until it comes on sale again.
Has some great mods for map, ships, rotating aircraft art for each year/major model etc.

Look forward to years of gaming then try it from the other side.

The best game investment in town.

Thanks for the advice! When it goes on sale, what does it drop to? It's currently $80...J
05-26-2018, 04:51 PM,
Was on sale for $29.99, check this link.
http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/Ma...e_2017.pdf
05-28-2018, 01:10 AM,
War in the Pacific Admiral's edition definitely, but an alternative using the same engine is War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 at Matrix Games. It's 20 bucks. Not as jazzy as Admiral's edition, but has a different flavor with the early aircraft and aircraft carriers. Best of Luck.
06-07-2018, 07:47 AM,
The Matrix D-DAY sale is on, remember to use the code for 30% off WitP/AE.

You could wait till the Christmas sale and get a bigger reduction.