• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Engineers and Bunker Construction Question
05-13-2018, 02:38 PM,
Engineers and Bunker Construction Question
I'm currently playing the scenario Flanking Kharkov. (PB Demo)  As the Germans I am digging in.  Several improved positions already upgraded to trenches.  I have engineers in position attempting to start digging in further to upgrade those trenches to bunkers but every time I order the engineers to dig in I receive a message that the engineer can't dig in when a fortification exists  in the hex already. I am confused...  the manual states: 

Bunkers are the next step up in Fortification development. Bunkers can be a part of a scenario or may be created by digging-in during a scenario from Trenches by non-Bridge Engineers.

And this is exactly what I am attempting to do, issue the dig-in command to a non-Bridge Engineer in a hex that contains a Trench. And all I get is a message about not being able to dig in where a fortification exists.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the heck I'm doing wrong?  Has anyone been able to construct a bunker during a scenario?

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2018, 10:02 PM,
RE: Engineers and Bunker Construction Question
(05-13-2018, 02:38 PM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote: I'm currently playing the scenario Flanking Kharkov. (PB Demo)  As the Germans I am digging in.  Several improved positions already upgraded to trenches.  I have engineers in position attempting to start digging in further to upgrade those trenches to bunkers but every time I order the engineers to dig in I receive a message that the engineer can't dig in when a fortification exists  in the hex already. I am confused...  the manual states: 

Bunkers are the next step up in Fortification development. Bunkers can be a part of a scenario or may be created by digging-in during a scenario from Trenches by non-Bridge Engineers.

And this is exactly what I am attempting to do, issue the dig-in command to a non-Bridge Engineer in a hex that contains a Trench. And all I get is a message about not being able to dig in where a fortification exists.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the heck I'm doing wrong?  Has anyone been able to construct a bunker during a scenario?

Thanks!

Hi there XLVIII,

Let me check. From memory we either turned off or made it much harder to create bunkers in PzB's, due to the short duration of the scenarios.

That feature was added into Panzer Campaigns to reflect the longer period of play, but may not have been carried across.

Panzer Campaigns was the basis for the PzB manual and that maybe the reason it is still there...

David
05-14-2018, 03:55 AM,
RE: Engineers and Bunker Construction Question
Thanks, appreciate the look.  If there is a way to create a bunker I sure could use a couple.  Helmet Rolleyes