• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Campaigns - Gold Makeover?
04-06-2018, 10:53 PM,
c_Question Mark  Modern Campaigns - Gold Makeover?
Gents:  Smoke7

Will Modern Campaigns get the "Gold Version" treatment?  Idea2

If so... roll out dates?

Inquiring minds want to know! Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2018, 12:04 AM,
RE: Modern Campaigns - Gold Makeover?
(04-06-2018, 10:53 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

If so... roll out dates?

Thanks for posting this!  I was getting ready to ask the same question about the time you did when the boss walked in...  had to get back to work   Whistle Whip
04-07-2018, 12:53 AM,
(04-07-2018, 12:04 AM)The Real Rake Wrote:
(04-06-2018, 10:53 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

If so... roll out dates?

Thanks for posting this!  I was getting ready to ask the same question about the time you did when the boss walked in...  had to get back to work   Whistle Whip

Great minds think alike? LOL

I go in "spurts" in my PBeM matches.

Sometimes I get the itch for some modern "Cold War goes hot" action... and other times I lean towards some "good old" WW2 campaigns.

It would be fantastic to have the "Gold treatment" applied evenly across both Panzer and Modern Campaigns! Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
04-07-2018, 05:12 AM,
Well PC is not even done so while I wish a Gold treatment for the MC series too I'm sure we have to wait till WDS has less to do.
I think they are also working on PB3 so Berto has surely more than enough to do.
04-07-2018, 05:49 AM,
(04-07-2018, 05:12 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Well PC is not even done so while I wish a Gold treatment for the MC series too I'm sure we have to wait till WDS has less to do.
I think they are also working on PB3 so Berto has surely more than enough to do.

Yep. I understand the realities of limited programing resources and have read the WDS blogs and communications referencing the Gold version upgrades to the remaining PzC games and ongoing PB3 development work.

However, there has been conspicuously little (Maybe nothing?) communications on possible Modern Campaigns Gold version upgrades... and it would be informative to read WDS comments on it.

Just asking... Rolling Eyes
Send this user an email
04-08-2018, 05:11 PM,
(04-07-2018, 05:49 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 05:12 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Well PC is not even done so while I wish a Gold treatment for the MC series too I'm sure we have to wait till WDS has less to do.

Yep. I understand the realities of limited programing resources and have read the WDS blogs and communications referencing the Gold version upgrades to the remaining PzC games and ongoing PB3 development work.

However, there has been conspicuously little (Maybe nothing?) communications on possible Modern Campaigns Gold version upgrades... and it would be informative to read WDS comments on it.

Just asking... Rolling Eyes

I guess I represent WDS  Helmet Wink

Modern Campaigns is not currently on our list, though I would love to give it the Gold treatment.

The major limiting factor is graphics (ie colour/colourised photos) for the various troops and hardware. We can't obviously use any graphics that Volcano Man or Tazaaron used in their mods. Now one thing in our favour is that I did a limited run of graphics for the tablet versions of North German Plain and Fulda Gap so some basic work has been done.

For the Gold treatment, I'd look to see whether we could get permission to include Ed's Alt scenarios/expansions and hopefully Tazaarons Bolt from the Blue for Danube Front.

So no promises, but it's sort of logical that these should be done at some point (after Panzer Campaigns and after Panzer Battles 3)...!

David
04-10-2018, 05:23 AM,
Hi,

thanks for the info.

Hope we do get Gold for MCs. Yom Kippur War is my favourite if only because it happened.

All the best,
Kip.