• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Middle East 2.01 UPDATE out now
03-21-2018, 11:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2018, 11:49 PM by Crossroads.)
Flare For #2  CS Middle East 2.01 UPDATE out now
If you opted to download and activate the interim Quick-Fix update with JSGME, be sure to deactivate that first. 

Quote:ORIGINAL:  Daniele

Hi everyone,

Campaign Series: Middle East has been updated to version 2.01!

You can download the update from >>HERE<<

Check out the full changelog below!

Errata
• When loading a Pontoon Ferry or Crewed Boat to an Engineering Truck, Unit List sidebar omits one of the units in the hex and shows a blank tile instead.
Enhancements
• Added a new frontend variant, Middle East no3D.exe, to run on low-powered systems.
• Added a new multi-colored game engine toolbar option (Options > Toolbar > Color).

Fixes
• Finished implementing the edmap Display > Map Hints feature.
• Set Options > Smooth Scroll to OFF by default.
• Fixed a bug where CycleSel #s > 12 were not saving/reloading properly.
• Adjusted the timeline defaults for EF III etc. (should not impact ME at all).
• Fixed a bug where changes in exit objective hex values were discarded on phase turnover, thus exit hex objective points were not recording properly.
• In the frontend random battle generator, company size engagements are no longer possible (fixing a possible crash if company size engagements were selected).
• Fixed a bug where, if PBEM no side replay were selected, the .bte file might be corrupted, and the game might crash.
• Crewed boats (and rafts etc.) were not loadable on engineering trucks. This has been corrected.
• In PBEM play, with side replay selected, Side B was shown Side A's private beginning-of-mission (Lua EE) briefing. This should no longer happen.
• Low probability AI reinforcements were always arriving with 100% certainty. This has been fixed.
• Fixed several CSEE issues (involving set_reinforcement_turn() in PBEM, and other bugs).
• Re-encrypted Platoon*.OOB files to fix a bug where previous *.OBX files missed the last line of each file.
• Bootcamp 4.lua event engine coding error fixed.
• Fixed a few typos in Unittext.txt
• Removed accented letters from *.OOB files that did not show properly in Organization Editor.

Graphics
• Added new 3D Minefield markers
• Color Coded Toolbar
• Provided a set of Unit Picture defaults with a background color that does not show in Unit Viewer like the previous Magenta background color did.
• Fixed the French DUKW unit graphics that had white artifacts

Data
• Added a correct Front End background music file xbackg1.ogg version.
• Added Grenade launcher sound files
Scenarios
• Added Leaders to Teaching Sets 1-5
• Fixed a AIW20.scn helo reinforcement to arrive at NoE air level.
• Fixed typos in Jerusalem48, Khanyunis56, and Khanyunis67 map files
• Added a missing commander entry to As_Suez73.org

Mods
• Added a set of 3D Alternate Bases mods for all nations by XLVIII PzKorp. 

Enjoy! Any questions just give us a holler  Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2018, 01:48 AM,
RE: CS Middle East 2.01 UPDATE out now
I'm playing a "Day of the Merks" vs Tiger88. I uninstalled the quickfix we've been using and updated the game. Then I played the most recent turn. First the game bombed, screen shots attached. I tried again and same errors, but this time the game started with fog of war off—I could see his entire rear area (sobering Smile ).

So I put the quickfix back and all was well.

Not sure what this means? Maybe because it was a game in-progress?

Error log read (logs also attached - read the 3/23 dates)):
2018-03-23 11:05:42 meengine.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (forces.cpp, line 2101, Forces::ReadAirplane()) for pid P265015, unknown unit
2018-03-23 11:08:38 meengine.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (forces.cpp, line 2101, Forces::ReadAirplane()) for pid P265015, unknown unit
2018-03-23 11:08:38 meengine.exe: [ERROR ID 4] (modemm.cpp, line 2184, ModemMenu::ProcessData()) File Read Error: Error reading scenario file
2018-03-23 11:10:56 meengine.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (forces.cpp, line 2101, Forces::ReadAirplane()) for pid P265015, unknown unit

.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 34.6 KB / Downloads: 2)

.zip   logs.zip (Size: 38.35 KB / Downloads: 1)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-24-2018, 07:03 AM,
Yes Dave, that is a no-no!! I'm playing the same scenario vs Ivan the Big, and must wait until we are done to update!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-24-2018, 07:23 AM,
Ack! Well I already updated, but reapplying the quickfix patch, even to the new v2.01, still works, so no worries.
Thanks, Mike.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-24-2018, 06:13 PM,
Something's not right here Dave. I just verified the Platoon26.obx by decrypting it to text format, and the said unit is there.

Are you sure the 2.01 update installed correctly? What does the game's Help - About prompt tell about the version number?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-24-2018, 06:14 PM,
Could you additionally email your save file to me with the password, I'll have a look there too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-24-2018, 08:37 PM,
(03-24-2018, 07:23 AM)Scud Wrote: Ack! Well I already updated, but reapplying the quickfix patch, even to the new v2.01, still works, so no worries.
Thanks, Mike.

Dave

Ohhh Shoot!!

Thanks Dave I see I'm not the only dummy out there...

But mine works too oddly enough after putting the executable's back!?

Mike, turn coming your way, see if it works OK.

John
03-24-2018, 11:09 PM,
Was that a game that you had already started before the official 2.01 update? If so, maybe finish it with the previous game executables.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-25-2018, 01:32 AM,
Yes, Mike and I started "Merks" about a month ago. I put the official 2.01 patch in last Wednesday. Then I saw this post today so I re-introduced the old "executable's" back in this morning, played my turn and it works. I will back out the old executable's as soon as were done with our game.

I see to that you sent back next turn of Teaching Set A05. Don't anticipate any troubles, should get turn back to you today Petri.
03-27-2018, 12:33 AM,
(03-24-2018, 06:14 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Could you additionally email your save file to me with the password, I'll have a look there too.

Just sent you the turn and my password. You can contact Tiger88 for his pass if you need it.

Thanks Petri,
Dave
Send this user an email