• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To All my Esteemed Opponents
08-10-2018, 06:55 AM,
RE: To All my Esteemed Opponents
Just wanted to bump this back to the first page and see if anyone has heard from Eric.

He has not responded to e-mails in a few months.

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2018, 07:21 AM,
No, I sure haven't Ed.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-10-2018, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 12:05 PM by zap.)
It would have helped if one of us asked Eric at the time to ask if his family could keep us posted if any changes. I know I didn't foresee to ask him to do that.

Looking for possible information on the internet I couldn't remember where he lived there were recent mentions.
08-10-2018, 10:17 PM,
(03-18-2018, 07:27 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Gentlemen, I really appreciate your concerns with my health. I was diagnosed with liver cancer a week ago and it appears to be rather advanced. At this point, it appears that I just don't have the stamina to complete any more games. The lethargy has me staring at the computer rather than diving into the games as I normally would. And Im having trouble remembering who to send what to. As I could not ask for a better bunch of guys to hang out with on the electric battlefield I want to thank you all for a great time. Hopefully I will get stronger down the road and will let you all know as soon as that happens. Keep up the fight, Eric

Guys, I've been trying to find solid evidence to Eric's passing. Louise has not responded and the only thing I could find was this: Eric Memorial

I'm ninety-nine percent sure we have lost Eric. He was in the 173rd Airborne, serving in Vietnam. He was married. He had a large family around him. He lived in California.
I was in e-mail contact him through to May. He had his ups and downs. Hopefully his gaming was a bright spot that gave him good memories to the end. I know he loved his family deeply and they were with him, surrounding him with their love.

I was privileged to have reported dozens of games with him. The exchanges in e-mail, I wish I could have saved. They covered a large gamut of topics that were as varied as his fertile mind and  the individual games we played.

It was an honor to have known him. To have shared all the moments that seem to be so brief a time now. To have had a peek beyond the games we played into the man he was.

He was one of the few I counted as a friend. I will miss him deeply.

Rest in peace. Eric Bonner. Boisforas.

Stand guard at the gates.

Ed Silcox
08-10-2018, 11:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 12:06 AM by zap.)
Thanks Ed,

Yes, will miss him. a joy to play against. Prayers Eric and surviving family. The pictures shows him with his partner of (Mexican heritage.) In our conversations we both shared we had Mexican wives.
08-11-2018, 01:20 AM,
Thank you Ed, such sad news. Rest in peace Eric.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-11-2018, 01:58 AM,
I have, in the past, unabashedly called Eric my favorite Blitzer. I suspect he will remain so. He was truly a class act. Never complained about game play. Could care less about rules, whatever optional personal rules you had were fine by him. Winning and losing—unimportant. Sometimes I felt playing the game was just an excuse to interact with all of us. He adored football. Rarely an email without a mention of the G-men or "the boys" or Belicheat.  Big Grin

He had a balls-to-the-wall play style. I'd be busy setting up defenses and trying to remain hidden when suddenly eight billion Soviets soldiers would coming running into view, overstacked, hurling themselves through my minefields, so many loaded transports I couldn't shoot them all. Four or five paniccy turns of shooting, stumbling back to avoid overruns, more chaos, smoke finally clearing and then the inevitable email: "Dave! Congratulations on your fine victory! How about we play [insert scenario name here] next? What's up with Eli? His passing looked off against the boys...

Odd to miss someone I've never met, but he was my friend, as he was all of ours (he played nearly everyone on the ladder), and I miss him greatly. I think I will forever.

Godspeed Eric.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-11-2018, 03:41 AM,
(08-11-2018, 01:58 AM)Scud Wrote: I have, in the past, unabashedly called Eric my favorite Blitzer. I suspect he will remain so. He was truly a class act. Never complained about game play. Could care less about rules, whatever optional personal rules you had were fine by him. Winning and losing—unimportant. Sometimes I felt playing the game was just an excuse to interact with all of us. He adored football. Rarely an email without a mention of the G-men or "the boys" or Belicheat.  Big Grin

He had a balls-to-the-wall play style. I'd be busy setting up defenses and trying to remain hidden when suddenly eight billion Soviets soldiers would coming running into view, overstacked, hurling themselves through my minefields, so many loaded transports I couldn't shoot them all. Four or five paniccy turns of shooting, stumbling back to avoid overruns, more chaos, smoke finally clearing and then the inevitable email: "Dave! Congratulations on your fine victory! How about we play [insert scenario name here] next? What's up with Eli? His passing looked off against the boys...

Odd to miss someone I've never met, but he was my friend, as he was all of ours (he played nearly everyone on the ladder), and I miss him greatly. I think I will forever.

Godspeed Eric.

Sad news indeed he was a happy go lucky player win or lose he was always positive about something.
08-11-2018, 04:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 11:15 PM by Kool Kat.)
It is fitting that Eric's last recorded game was a "Major Victory" against John (Ivan The Big)

Always a winner. Godspeed Eric and rest in peace. You will be missed.

Mike
Send this user an email
08-11-2018, 09:43 AM,
I am devastated!!

I can't express it in words.

Love you Eric!

John