• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To All my Esteemed Opponents
03-20-2018, 05:54 AM,
RE: To All my Esteemed Opponents
(03-18-2018, 07:27 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Gentlemen, I really appreciate your concerns with my health. I was diagnosed with liver cancer a week ago and it appears to be rather advanced. At this point, it appears that I just don't have the stamina to complete any more games. The lethargy has me staring at the computer rather than diving into the games as I normally would. And Im having trouble remembering who to send what to. As I could not ask for a better bunch of guys to hang out with on the electric battlefield I want to thank you all for a great time. Hopefully I will get stronger down the road and will let you all know as soon as that happens. Keep up the fight, Eric

Eric, though we have never met on the field I saw this post and felt obligated to share with you.  A bit less than three years ago I rec'd the same diagnosis.  I was placed on a transplant list and because of the cancer diagnosis I was eligible to be fast-tracked on that list.  17 months ago I rec'd a new liver.  My recovery was better than I could have dreamed.  4 months post surgery I was rehabbing the second floor of my house.  Bottom line, find the best surgeon in your area, and don't give up hope.  You can recover.  Best of luck  -Gary
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2018, 04:27 AM,
My thoughts and prayers are with you Eric, get well soon!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-23-2018, 06:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2018, 11:11 PM by Kool Kat.)
Eric:

I've had the honor to play against you in a couple of CS games.

You are always a "class act" and I thank you for those memories.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

- Mike
Send this user an email
03-23-2018, 06:55 AM,
Hello Eric,

You have been one of my long term opponents and a good friend.  

Stay strong.  My family will send positive thoughts in your directions for as long as needed.

You can get through this. 

Take care of yourself.

We will see you again soon.

Erik
03-23-2018, 01:13 PM,
All the best Eric

Stay strong mate and wishing you a speedy recovery

cheers Laz
03-30-2018, 12:49 PM,
Hi Eric,

I hadn't heard from you in a while and I was hoping you were still busy with remodeling your house.

I don't have any words to say except that I hope that you pull through on this and that the meds and care you get will pull you through this asap.

Try not to worry - my mom had cancer and she pulled through no prob, as did my uncle George.  

Just keep your head up, ok?

Take care, and I hope to talk to you again soon.

John
05-05-2018, 09:52 AM,
(03-18-2018, 07:27 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Gentlemen, I really appreciate your concerns with my health. I was diagnosed with liver cancer a week ago and it appears to be rather advanced. At this point, it appears that I just don't have the stamina to complete any more games. The lethargy has me staring at the computer rather than diving into the games as I normally would. And Im having trouble remembering who to send what to. As I could not ask for a better bunch of guys to hang out with on the electric battlefield I want to thank you all for a great time. Hopefully I will get stronger down the road and will let you all know as soon as that happens. Keep up the fight, Eric

Eric,

I hope you can overcome this and get back to normal health. You have been a loyal Blitz member, and a friend to all of us at the Blitz. I remember you helped me playtest a couple of scenarios, and that is greatly appreciated.

May you get well soon,

David Galster
05-06-2018, 02:24 AM,
Wishing you all the best, Eric.
Send this user an email
05-06-2018, 10:20 AM,

Eric. Although we have never played a game together I would like to wish you all the best. Hang in there and don't let the bastard beat you. God Bless. Chris.
05-28-2018, 08:02 AM,

Really sucks Eric played you a few times hopefully your health will improve and stuff the gaming think of yourself and family first your PC  and buddies here will wait.