• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tournament Idea?
03-15-2018, 08:02 AM,
Tournament Idea?
Since we seem to have trouble finishing tournaments here at the Blitz, how would players who really enjoy tournaments(I'm one of them) feel about an entry fee per Tournament?Just off the top of my head,lets say a 25$ entry fee per player.Twelve players x $25 = $300. 25% goes to the winner, in this case $75.$150 goes to the the tournament manager and the remaining $75 goes to the Blitz.This should be proper motivation for all involved.

Is this a horrible idea?
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2018, 12:27 AM,
RE: Tournament Idea?
Not horrible but I am unsure of the logistics. Who will manage the money? What about various laws around the globe? Is this type of thing allowed everywhere? Just some things to consider.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
03-16-2018, 06:23 AM,
RE: Tournament Idea?
(03-16-2018, 12:27 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Not horrible but I am unsure of the logistics. Who will manage the money? What about various laws around the globe? Is this type of thing allowed everywhere? Just some things to consider.

The tournament manager will do everything.Manage the money, organize , create the theme and maps , run the tournament, set the ground rules.I dont know what laws we would be in vilolation of? Its an online world, millions of monetary transactions are done daily across international lines.We could try it and see how it goes.It might work fine or be a disaster, I would volunteer to run the 1st tournament.