• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Are you for or against a new Campaign 1815 game?
This poll is closed.
Yes
96.30%
52 96.30%
No
3.70%
2 3.70%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Napoleonic Game Poll - Campaign 1815: Napoleon's Return
03-04-2018, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 05:04 AM by Sgt_Rock.)
Napoleonic Game Poll - Campaign 1815: Napoleon's Return
The Poll answers are:

Yes - I am FOR a new game.
No - I am AGAINST a new game.

(I cannot update the poll text at this time)

I would like to hear from the community on whether you are interested in a game on the entire 1815 campaign to include the Belgian campaign which culminated in the Battle of Waterloo. This game would include a brand new map of Belgium to include areas to the east and west of the existing Belgium map found in Campaign Waterloo. It also would include maps of the following areas:

Paris
Brie Plateau and other maps from the JTS 1814 game  (to include the La Souffel and Paris map) and
frontier areas along the Rhine (some of the maps will be included in the forthcoming RBR game due out soon) as well as brand new maps we would create for this title.

Much more than "Rehashed Campaign Waterloo" this game would include artwork and forces for the following nations:

Those found in the Waterloo Campaign
Austria
Bavaria and the rest of the German states along the Rhine
Saxony
Russia

I would also be creating a new OB file that would correct some of the errors in the Campaign Waterloo OB such as the bloated French morale ratings and other items like the Prussian brigades being organized incorrectly in regimental brigade ORGs. I already have built the OB for 1815 - see the Campaign 1814 game - its the "Maneuver on the Marne" scenario. Entire Prussian Army and most of the French is included in that game already if you want to see how I would rate and organize the units.

New French Corps organized and led by Davout would be included. The French would have options to either attack into Belgium as they did historically or draw the Allies into France and defeat them one by one using their superior interior lines.

My goal is to see over 200 members from both clubs vote Yes.

I would like to get a total of 300+ people vote Yes for this project. I think then I could get the support from John Tiller to create the game.

Campaign Waterloo came out over 15 years ago and I believe that the community would enthusiastically support this new title.

Take the poll to let me know if I am right or wrong. If you feel ripped off that another game would come out on the same topic say so in a response. On the other hand if you feel that a deluxe treatment of the 1815 campaign is long overdue then speak up!
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2018, 04:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 04:15 AM by mfriedman421.)
RE: Napoleonic Game Poll - Campaign 1815: Napoleon's Return
You might want to reword the question.

Are you for or against a new Campaign 1815 game?

Yes or No

Does yes mean I'm against it or for it?

Maybe make the answers For and Against instead or change the question to

Would you be for a new Campaign 1815 game?
03-16-2018, 04:57 AM,
Is a confusing poll question... i think you want ask if we want see a new 1815 title expanding and reworking Waterloo title.
03-16-2018, 05:07 AM,
I updated the text at the top of the original thread. I cannot update the poll text at this time.

I think people figured it out. Its not THAT confusing. "Yes" usually means you are FOR something and "no" means negative or against.

I added in the text to the thread to clarify it anyway.

Thanks for pointing this out. For those that were confused by the question and passed on voting - I hope that this clarifies it for you and you can now cast your vote with confidence knowing which choice reflects your opinion on the matter. :)
05-21-2018, 12:12 PM,
I regret to say that despite a good showing here in the poll that we will not be pursuing this title. I have mutually agreed with John Tiller that this title would require too much artwork.

I have been offered something else instead which I feel will work better for me and thus the Polish campaign will be my last game for the Nap series.

Thanks to all that participated in the poll.
05-22-2018, 03:31 AM,
Great shame. Would have been fantastic to get a really top quality detailed Waterloo map, al la RBR and Marengo. What's your next project, then, Bill (after the Polish Camp, I mean)?
05-22-2018, 02:55 PM,
I am not exactly sure and from now on will revert to keeping future work strictly confidential.
05-22-2018, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 07:05 PM by Pepe Botijo.)
I´m sorry about that. Not possible a Waterloo patch update?
05-22-2018, 09:21 PM,
No. There is NO WAY I am going to do that much work for an older product for no pay. Shaking my head at such a ridiculous idea.

This my livelihood and in the past I have already created many free things for JTS products. This certainly will not be one of them.

The Fleurus map took 3x the amount of time to build versus one of the regular maps of a similar size in the Leipzig game.
05-23-2018, 03:43 AM,
(05-22-2018, 09:21 PM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: No. There is NO WAY I am going to do that much work for an older product for no pay. Shaking my head at such a ridiculous idea.

This my livelihood and in the past I have already created many free things for JTS products. This certainly will not be one of them.

The Fleurus map took 3x the amount of time to build versus one of the regular maps of a similar size in the Leipzig game.

I don't blame you Bill this would be a tremendous amount of work and to do it for no pay is not worth it. 
Good luck and looking forward to your future endeavors.