• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Op_Suvorov (aka Smolensk 1943)
02-14-2018, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 08:37 AM by Ocito80.)
RE: Atheory's Project: Op_Suvorov (aka Smolensk 1943)
I am happy to update the scenario to a 2nd version with the following changes:

Changes
1) New pdt file for wired bridges
2) Implemented a new database (my own creation) for unit values.
3) Shortened scenario from 140 turns to 110 so it ends on August 18. This is roughly when the front stabilized and Russian offensive operations came to a halt in what will become known as the First Stage of the battle for Smolensk.
4) Victory conditions reassessed and I switched to a victory location system as opposed to a Victory Point one. Meaning, Victory conditions are met by occupying a certain number of Victory Locations, instead of accumulating a certain amount of Victory Points. It's easier for me to implement.
5) Soviet 21st Army removed from the map, its participation would not be in full affect until the Second Stage of operations.
6) Unit strength numbers updated to what I hope is a better representation of the time.

Notes: All of my scenarios will eventually be converted to many of the above changes.

Recommend Rules still in effect:
Alternative indirect fire
Alternative direct fire
plus all the realism ones (but user preference here is fine)

Edited: Unit names are now different, to match my database. I will update unit images in due course. I apologize for the blanks and will get those out as soon as I can.

Thanks
Atheory (ocito80)
Quote this message in a reply