• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Middle East 2.0 - QUICK-FIX UPDATE
02-03-2018, 09:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2018, 09:06 PM by Crossroads.)
Flare For #2  CS Middle East 2.0 - QUICK-FIX UPDATE
Everyone, 

There's a quick-fix update packaged as a JSGME mod that fixes some of the known issues with the Middle East 2.0 game now available at the Matrix CSME forum.

>>> See the post HERE

Contents: 
  • Adds the missing Front End Music File 
  • Fixes the encrypted Platoon files (OBX) that were missing a last data line. 
  • Adds re-encrypted Campaign, Main, and Weapon data files too. 
  • Removes accented letters from Order of Battle files (OOB) that display incorrectly on Organization Editor 
  • Adds a new set of default Unit Pictures (nation map and flag) that don't display the Magenta border on Unit Viewer 
  • Fixes a Bootcamp 4 Event Engine error 
  • Provides a new set of Teaching Set scenarios, with added Leaders, and a tighter margin for victory levels. 
  • Fixes label typos on three Ode to Divided Ground maps (Khan Yunis area, Jerusalem) 

Fixes awaiting the official 2.01 UPDATE 

There's a couple of identified bugs in Event Engine - Game Engine communication. Here's the current workaround for them: 

Exit Hexes not recording Victory points 
  • Symptom: Victory points not being written to save files 
  • Workaround: Upon having exited your troops for the turn: 1. Save file, 2. Exit scenario, 3. Load scenario, End Turn, then continue. 

Play-by-Email save files being concatenated if Replay not watched 
  • Symptom: PBME save files (*.BTE) become corrupt as Reinforcement data at the end of file becomes concatenated 
  • Workaround: Always opt to watch opponents move when prompted by Replay dialog. If the save file has already become concatenated / corrupt, continue from a previous save file that loads. 

Other identified issues:

Unit Viewer doesn't load 
  • Symptom: when activating Unit Viewer, it throws an error saying "Path to game not found. Check if you installed Campaign Series properly!" 
  • Workaround: Provide manually the proper path to your game install at \tools\CS_UnitViewer\settings.txt. 
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2018, 08:50 AM,
RE: CS Middle East 2.0 - QUICK-FIX UPDATE
Still not working for me downloaded and followed instructions as shown  have 4 PBEM going and have never been past turn 2 without getting error messages  I know your trying to fix this but not a good sign releasing a game you cant play.
02-04-2018, 04:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 04:57 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: CS Middle East 2.0 - QUICK-FIX UPDATE
(02-04-2018, 08:50 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Still not working for me downloaded and followed instructions as shown  have 4 PBEM going and have never been past turn 2 without getting error messages  I know your trying to fix this but not a good sign releasing a game you cant play.

What scenarios are you playing PBEM with, let us see if I can repeat the error? Can you confirm this occurs while watching Replays? Note that once the save file has become corrupt you need to revert to a previous one, unfortunately. 

I don't know which build caused the issue, must have been a late one, for we obviously played PBEMs among ourselves all the time during development, and had for instance the public High Water Mark PBEM DAR going on with the latest beta build and finally with production exes. This in addition for the AI-vs-AI tests running continuously day and night for weeks before the release Voodoo Doll

[Image: blog.testlio.comregression-testing-9bfbd...6e96eb.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com