• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Middle East 2.00
01-19-2018, 05:57 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00
Here's the link to installation instructions at Matrix CSME forum, hope it helps:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4421135

The game was totally remastered, so 2.0 in effect is not an UPDATE, as what the UPDATE functionality in launch screen does, but a full new install. So you need to get this way.

It's still free, that's what counts right!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2018, 02:46 AM,
For anyone on fence with Middle East, I asked Matrix about the remastering, and they confirmed any new purchases, be it Direct Download or Boxed Edition with DVD will have the remastered 2.0 installer from the go.

50% discount is available to the end of play Jan 25, so there's that, too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-20-2018, 05:45 AM,
I have been having major problems trying to download this from Matrix. What is going on with their servers they are absolute garbage. Takes hours and hours to download big files from them. Right now my download is at 35 kb/s.
01-20-2018, 06:12 AM,
And my download was interrupted and can't finish terrible.
01-20-2018, 04:53 PM,
I am sorry to hear that Aces. I wonder if their Support could offer a mirror site you could try instead? Makes no sense downloads works for some but not for the other...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-27-2018, 12:27 PM,
(01-20-2018, 04:53 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: I am sorry to hear that Aces. I wonder if their Support could offer a mirror site you could try instead? Makes no sense downloads works for some but not for the other...

So - I am having some issues with the new install.

I deleted my old version of the game including folders
I downloaded the CORE patch/update
When I click on the new file/download - it takes me to the installer - I click yes to update - and then NADA - nothing installs, etc.

What am I doing wrong?
01-27-2018, 02:45 PM,
Well I know you don't want to update. You want the "core" version, so it's a new game install. Assuming that's what you're really doing then try control-alt-delete into the task manager and see if there's an install running. If so, end the task (highlight the task then click the lower right button), then try it again. Or reboot.

You get past the serial number screen?

Could also be a bad download.

All I can think of.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-27-2018, 07:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2018, 07:25 PM by Crossroads.)
There's been a few gamers out there having issues with their Anti-virus software breaking havoc with the installation.

The download under <Core> is named CampaignSeriesMiddleEast-SetupRemaster-v2.0.exe

Are you seeing that? If so, plug off your network cable, turn off your Anti-virus, and try installing again.

My recommendation is to install under C:\Matrix Games\* (or similar) and not under C:\Programme Files(x86) as the installer suggests.

Hope it works out!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-28-2018, 03:20 PM,
(01-27-2018, 07:24 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: There's been a few gamers out there having issues with their Anti-virus software breaking havoc with the installation.

The download under <Core> is named CampaignSeriesMiddleEast-SetupRemaster-v2.0.exe

Are you seeing that? If so, plug off your network cable, turn off your Anti-virus, and try installing again.

My recommendation is to install under C:\Matrix Games\*  (or similar) and not under C:\Programme Files(x86) as the installer suggests.

Hope it works out!

Ok - got the install to work...very strange with having to turn off my internet and anti-virus...but it worked!

Thanks so much for the support!

Tiger 88 ~ Steve
01-28-2018, 09:01 PM,
Glad to hear you were able to sort it out Steve!

There seems a few players with issues with anti-virus software indeed, I wonder why that is, for the exes are properly digitally signed by Matrix Games, and they must have, what, hundreds of thousands of exes out in the world under that signature Confused
Visit us at CSLegion.com