• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quick Update on Game Development
01-16-2018, 05:20 PM,
Quick Update on Game Development
A quick update on where I am with game development:

1. CEF - now working on the Spring campaign battles. Friedland OB is in progress. I just finished with the French army this after noon and launched into the Russian army tonight. Finished off the Left Wing forces and the skeleton for the rest of the formations. Knocking off for the night. Should finish the Russians tomorrow. There are a lot less of them to do than for the French army. I do plan on adding in optional formations for the Russian army to help balance things out a bit. Well its Friedland and Bennigsen put his army in a terrible position but I like to add in additional forces to make things more interesting. Historical Friedland will be very difficult for the Allies to win but a variant version will make the battle more of a challenge for the French player. For instance: what if L'Estocq could have been at the battle? Other detached forces also could have made a difference. And finally - what if the battle had taken place to the west closer to Eylau?

2. RBR - this is the next game due out on the French Rev Wars battles. We should have the Leaders.bmp file for reviewing very soon. Mark Adams emailed me for some clarification on the amount of leaders in the file. I expect he will be sending me the image file any day now.
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2018, 10:04 PM,
RE: Quick Update on Game Development
Nice see things progress.

RBR is now in the last fixes, i am curious about the test for islands battle, maybe is going to use the EAW feature that made units can move in water hexes???

I think is going to be a good thing a title focused in middle battles like Marengo.
01-19-2018, 03:27 PM,
Yes, Islands for RBR is a company level scenario. I just finished playtesting it with a fellow playtester and there are some things I need to do to correct some issues.

Am finished with the Friedland OB. Working on adding in images to the Units.bmp file (playtest version). Took a good day off after the OB was done. Those OB files always wear me out! LOL

Once the Spring OB is done and Heilsberg its pretty much downhill at that point.
01-24-2018, 01:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 01:20 AM by Sgt_Rock.)
Got the word from Rich that the Graphics Team is now available to work on CEF. Loaded up two artwork groups for them to access and begin working on for the Units.bmp file. A total of 17 artwork groups ranging from 6-9 images each will be worked on over the course of the next few months. 3D artwork images will follow after that. No idea on when the game will release. Right now there are 130 images for the team to work on. Compared to RBR's artwork count of 245 that is a lot less for them to handle. Or put another way - Leipzig, 1814 and Bautzen had 310 images (total). We are looking at half the time it took to complete the artwork for those three titles.

RBR - the game which I worked on all last year and part of 2016 - should release sometime in February or March (at the latest) as the 3D and leader image artwork is almost ready for me to review.
01-28-2018, 09:31 PM,
Thanks for the update.

The art is going to be the same like in Marengo no??? lack of photos from nap period made not possible use the PzB and now PzC Gold portrait system... but for example FWW uses a diferent art style and for nap series are really good art mods specially one serie using portraits from books (not the Osprey models, other diferent).

But maybe the only interesting thing for the stock art in nap serie could be add behind units the regimental flag if is avaliable and put national flag in a corner like an icon and something to made easier diference the infantry portrait from a cavalry portrait (maybe another icon with a horse head... no mafia involved  Big Grin2 ).

Well, good luck and expect see soon the title.
02-14-2018, 01:53 AM,
LOL @no mafia involved
02-14-2018, 09:32 PM,
What is CEF and RBR stand for?
02-14-2018, 11:41 PM,
CEF is Campaign Eylau-Friedland I think. The 1807 campaign anyway.
RBR is Republican Bayonets on the Rhine. Sort of the brother to Marengo Campaign.
02-18-2018, 03:13 PM,
:poke: sort of keeping the RBR title a secret, Andrew ;)

Yes, that is the title. CEF is indeed Campaign Eylau-Friedland.

Today I finished work on the full battle of Heilsberg for CEF. Its now over to a review group to look it over. This is the last of the large battles for the game. Its truly downhill from here on out.

Andrew - miss our games. We really clocked a lot of hours in playtest games. Memorable blitz affairs! :)
03-01-2018, 09:50 PM,
Republican Bayonets on the Rhine... no Royal-with-cheese Before Running???  Big Grin 

Lets see if we can see RBR soon or much better, in march  Big Grin2