• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strange Program Sound with CS
12-28-2017, 03:20 AM,
RE: Strange Program Sound with CS
(12-27-2017, 11:58 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hello Everyone:

After recently reinstalling the game from scratch (via $9.99 digital download...nice!) I appear to have picked up this strange little program sound that keeps driving me nuts.
Debatable of course, this process has been ongoing for decades, but I don't want to hasten the process... Crazy Whistle Jester

I play with sound effects/background sound on.
I dig the music...makes me want to go rent the Patton DVD...but it doesn't tell me where your tanks are... Mex Big Grin

The game works great, but as I play, every time I keep getting this little "doo doo dah" (descending frequency) sound which freezes the mouse momentarily.  This is frustrating as I move that mouse pretty quick for an old man...busily running around and dying as fast as I can.

The sound keeps popping up randomly while I play.  It doesn't seem to be connected to anything I am doing in the game, just randomly.  Over and over.

Not a show stopper but it is an irritant.
I run Windows 10.

Anyone see (or hear) this one before?

Regards,

Technically Challenged Dan

ps:  This is a program sound through the speakers...not a bad hard drive...fan bearings...or anything like that.

It could be the French 5th column from Marle :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Strange Program Sound with CS - by Dan Caviness - 12-27-2017, 11:58 PM
RE: Strange Program Sound with CS - by Von Earlmann - 12-28-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Strange Program Sound with CS - by Scud - 12-28-2017, 03:29 AM
RE: Strange Program Sound with CS - by Scud - 12-29-2017, 03:14 AM
RE: Strange Program Sound with CS - by Von Luck - 02-07-2022, 09:30 AM