• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Middle East '67 scenario: The Six Day War of 1967 (Revised)
12-22-2017, 03:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-24-2017, 03:18 AM by Crossroads.)
New Middle East '67 scenario: The Six Day War of 1967 (Revised)
Commanders,

I am happy to have uploaded another new scenario, or two versions of it rather, for Middle East '67. Please see the introductory post >> HERE

I just bought Middle East '67 as my first game for the series. Lots to learn, but looks rather exciting! 

I hope you enjoy Alan's scenario, any questions please post here. 

UPDATE: Download file updated to include unit cards for the new unit types added by Alan. 

Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2017, 10:03 AM,
RE: New Middle East '67 scenario: The Six Day War of 1967 (Revised)
There are quite a few missing unit BMP's, with new units added, am trying to fix it, will post them when I finish them all!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-23-2017, 02:34 AM,
Oh that's right, just noticed them too. Thanks Mike, mail them over to me, and I'll add them to a new scenario download so they are available for anyone playing this.

Meanwhile, I found Jison's Map + Alt Scenario Mod for HPS Middle East '67, converted that to suit the JTS version, with help of some of the Jison JTS files 'Strela' had posted in the mods forum, and adding the 2DNormal (med colored) and 2DFeatures files as those seemed to be a bit different.

Sure improves things leaps and bounds, always been a fan of Jison's work here and with WitE Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-24-2017, 12:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 06:07 PM by Crossroads.)
Seasons greetings!  Helmet Smile

The scenario download file has now been updated with the unit cards Mike provided for the new, added units particular to this scenario.

From the readme.txt in the download file:

Quote:Credits:
========

"The Six Day War of 1967 (Revised)" scenarios by Alan R. Arvold.

21 new "Volcano Man" style unit cards to match the new units in Alan's scenario, by Mike Amos.

Mortars and Anti-tank Guns are copies of existing "Volcano Man" unit cards, from same or similar looking units from his other nations order of battles, for instance the new Egyptian 120mm Mortar is the existing Israeli 120mm Mortar card, flipped to face right. Original art credit: Volcano Man. The rest of the cards by Mike Amos.

So what you see is something like this (right click to open in new tab in original size). Note the new Egyptian 120mm "Heavy Mortar Battery" unit card there, as described above. 

[Image: 9F8A53D8F6D64E3F8C5F14F62159B1B1.jpg]

What you see there is Jison's most excellent "Middle East '67 MapMod", too. 

I took the liberty to convert it to JTS standards. If anyone would like to have it as well, here's the two steps required:

1. Download Jison's "HPS Middle East '67 MapMod" from   >> HERE
2. Rename the folder if you want, then download and add these files to the \Map folder >> HERE

What the latter contains, are the following "Jison JTS" files from the set provided by Strela (link >>HERE ): 2DHexSides, 2DMud, 2DSoft and 2DSnow; and 2DNormal (brown drab) and 2DFeatures put together by yours truly.

I then converted the 2DNormal file to JTS standard from Jison's Brown drab hexes, as the ones in Strela's set is for the lush green of Europe. I also tweaked the 2DFeatures files, for with Middle East'67 there is a need for Broken terrain that was not in the Jison JTS set. (And, as for some reason of one or two pixels probably being in wrong places, the Sand hex row in Jison JTS file leaked to outside map area.) 

With this, the full Volcano Man + Jison experience is now available for JTS Middle East game:

[Image: F1477D16FC254743B3EEB34489A9463A.jpg]

All original graphic art credited to Volcano Man and Jison. New art by Mike Amos.

---

I hope this "mod of mods" is OK by the original artists. If not, my apologies, let me know I will delete these links.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-24-2017, 02:51 AM,
Actually the T-54, T-55, halftracks, engineers, well everything but the mortar and the 85mm ATG are made by myself!! Just sayin'!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-24-2017, 03:13 AM,
Cheers Mike, I understood your email wrong obviously then. I'll add a note to readme.txt and upload again Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-24-2017, 03:44 AM,
No problem, I did use the mortar and 85mm ATG, spun around, but all others were my creations.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-24-2017, 04:01 AM,
Updated. Let us try this out next... I'll send you a PBEM after Christmas, maybe tuesday or wednesday. Not this one, but one of the smaller ones first (ha!). Need to register for the Tiller ladder, too!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-24-2017, 04:16 AM,
Sounds good, Petri! Thanks!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue