• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

General Staff Game Kickstarter Now Live
12-13-2017, 02:38 AM,
General Staff Game Kickstarter Now Live
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136...escription

Really hope this ambitious projects fully funds, looking forward to this.  Smile
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2017, 07:05 AM,
RE: General Staff Game Kickstarter Now Live
I am not sure how much fun this would be (for me anyway). It looks promising for what it is though. Did you back it?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
12-13-2017, 07:08 AM,
(12-13-2017, 07:05 AM)Weasel Wrote: I am not sure how much fun this would be (for me anyway).  It looks promising for what it is though.  Did you back it?

I backed it.  I'm # 7.  Smile
12-13-2017, 10:27 AM,
Good for you.  I backed Trainz, A New Era (T:ANE) and enjoy it; that is the only KS I have ever done.  My name is in the manual as your's will be.  I believe they raised $150K to develop TANE.

[Image: TANE.jpg]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-18-2018, 02:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 02:19 AM by Laborde.)
GS goes beyond 15k!
Quote:325% Funded!
Posted by Ezra Sidran, PhD (Creator)

Wow! I can't thank you, the backers, enough! Literally, I couldn't have done it without you. General Staff was 325% funded which is a wonderful vote of confidence. Again, thank you very much.

So, what's going to happen next?

We're going to write a one-click installation package for the Army Editor and the Scenario Editor.
We're going to make a major change in the Map Editor so it will run on lower resolution (usually older laptops) monitors. And then write an installation package for it, too.
Once this is done we'll send out an email with the URL to start downloading and installing these three utility programs. I have to admit that I'm really tempted to give out the beta test link now (and if you write me I'll do it) BUT the scenario data files are very much subject to change. In fact, I'm almost certain that we're going to have to make a few changes to the data files and that means until we lock the data file structure any work you do now may not work later and I really don't want to have to send that email out (that the great army Order of Battle you created has to be redone because we've changed the file structure).
I have to order a whole lot of coffee mugs printed with the logo and a couple of great 19th century Kriegsspiel engravings.
And then we have to mail out a whole lot of coffee mugs.

I anticipate that those who are interested can start beta testing the utility programs (Army Editor, Map Editor and Scenario Editor) in February. With any luck beta testing the actual General Staff game will begin in March.

Sorry for the delay in getting this email out. We lost power & internet last night and just got the internet back a few minutes ago.

And, as always, please feel free to write to me directly if you have any questions or comments at [email protected].

Again, thank you so very much,

- Ezra
04-18-2018, 12:41 AM,
It was funded, nice!
04-19-2018, 05:41 AM,
I went through the page again, I did not see how exactly combat is handled. Are there actual battles, or is it just a mathematical simulation with battle noises?
04-25-2018, 01:23 PM,
Hmm, was wondering about the same thing..