• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS Campaign Petersburg (PC Version) Released
11-28-2017, 03:51 AM,
RE: JTS Campaign Petersburg (PC Version) Released
I doubt that.
The unit graphics for example are made for Petersburg to depict the units and officers that fought there, that means you can't simply transport them to any other title as they would just not fit to the OOBs that these titles use.
Of the terrain graphics the 3d files also won't work as it depicts only the terrain of the Petersburg area.

And if the 2d hex graphics files can be transported is unclear to me as they could differ from old titles, all one could do is copy some of the 2d terrain art and insert them into the graphic files of the old games, but that is a lot work and surely not worth the time.

WDS already said that they want to bring the old games to the same level as Petersburg, so patience is all I can recommend.
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2017, 08:44 AM,
(11-28-2017, 02:45 AM)phoenix Wrote: I assume if you buy Petersburg you can just transport the graphics files over to your other titles? Is the resolution the same?

Don’t do that!

Petersburg had an additional zoom level added so none of the graphics will work in the other titles. As Bigduke66 says everything is Petersburg specific. Work is underway to bring the other games up to the same standard.

David
12-06-2017, 12:29 AM,
Here some videos that give a good view into the new game:
http://wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20861
12-06-2017, 01:57 PM,
For those interested in knowing, all of the scenarios have been uploaded to our database.
02-03-2018, 07:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2018, 07:40 PM by Laborde.)
Great graphics and new toolbar, congrats to WDS team!  Salute4
04-15-2018, 05:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 02:39 AM by Stardog765.)
Hello all,
Long time lurker of this great forum.

I have a couple of the Civil War titles already but thinking about picking this one up but have a question first.
In 3D mode is there any way to turn off the shadows on the trees and buildings?  I appreciate what they tried to do there but it really just makes stuff look blurry from all of the screenshots and videos I have seen.

Has the graphics in 3D mode changed to the point that they cannot be modded any longer?  Not sure about that since they have said these are new hand painted maps. What I mean is are the trees, roads and ground pieces all still individual pieces that can be tinkered with?  
Just curious what the options are before I decide to grab this title.

Thanks all!
04-17-2018, 04:09 AM,
Just to answer my own question here for future reference in case anyone else was wondering this too.

One of the devs answered this question over on Youtube and stated these new updated games are just as mod friendly as the older versions.

Great news! I am all in!
07-13-2018, 07:23 AM,
Any beginner,to medium player up to an email game?Hope it's ok to post this here.
07-14-2018, 05:54 AM,
(11-28-2017, 02:45 AM)phoenix Wrote: I assume if you buy Petersburg you can just transport the graphics files over to your other titles? Is the resolution the same?

I don't think that would be smart.........I believe it would not work.
07-14-2018, 08:41 PM,
(07-14-2018, 05:54 AM)dukemat Wrote:

I don't think that would be smart.........I believe it would not work.

You would have to rename some of the files as two old zoom levels are now covered by three zoom levels.
But four other games have now been upgraded to the Petersburg standard so why not just wait for the games you want.