• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air groups supporting ground attacks
11-03-2017, 05:03 AM,
Air groups supporting ground attacks
I was doing some reading on Matrix and tried finding the answer in the manual but I am not quite sure I have found my answer or understand correct, so I ask someone to confirm or deny this:

An air group attached to an air army hq that is attached to a front has a greater chance of supporting ground attacks by units under that front command than if they are just under Stavka?  But on the down side they will only fly bombing missions for targets on that front zone (manually selected bombing missions, F6).  Not sure about this part and wonder if I am wrong here.

Right now all of my Soviet air groups/bases are directly attached to fronts or to Stavka, I only have 1 or 2 attached to an air army, is that why my ground support when the Germans attack consists mostly of about 30 aircraft (air miles not withstanding and miles flown?).

This board should be called the "Weasel ask, Gris reply" board. ROTFLMAO
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2017, 06:37 AM,
RE: Air groups supporting ground attacks
(11-03-2017, 05:03 AM)Weasel Wrote: I was doing some reading on Matrix and tried finding the answer in the manual but I am not quite sure I have found my answer or understand correct, so I ask someone to confirm or deny this:

An air group attached to an air army hq that is attached to a front has a greater chance of supporting ground attacks by units under that front command than if they are just under Stavka?  But on the down side they will only fly bombing missions for targets on that front zone (manually selected bombing missions, F6).  Not sure about this part and wonder if I am wrong here.

Right now all of my Soviet air groups/bases are directly attached to fronts or to Stavka, I only have 1 or 2 attached to an air army, is that why my ground support when the Germans attack consists mostly of about 30 aircraft (air miles not withstanding and miles flown?).

This board should be called the "Weasel ask, Gris reply" board. ROTFLMAO

Somehow I missed this one out of all the post,  LOL

I have never attached one to an Army HQ, so I cannot confirm the Army HQ. Here is a post that I believe answers your questions. I don't not think it is so cut and dry. I do all mine manually for for most part. So all my aircraft come from the same Front HQ. You burn less air miles this way.

- Gris
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply