• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Technicals/AAA
10-21-2017, 07:20 AM,
Technicals/AAA
Biosfaras here again. While playing as the Arabs in a ME scenario, I have a couple of technical/AAA trucks in my OOB. When I try to have them fire on an in range Israeli helicopter, I get the "Cant fire on this type of unit" message. Triple A means anti aircraft artillery in this case, right? And a 50 cal MG should be able to fire on an helicopter? Am I missing something here? Thanx, Eric
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2017, 11:24 PM,
RE: Technicals/AAA
Which unit, Eric? This may have been addressed already we are constantly checking things!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-22-2017, 12:03 AM,
AAA MGs can fire at Ground, Nap-of-Earth and Low, but not at High.

Indeed, please describe this in more detail, so if necessary any offending units can be fixed for 2.0!

Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-22-2017, 07:16 AM,
Thanks for your replys. As I was not the Israeli player, I cant say what altitude those choppers were flying at. I will get over to my opponent & ask him to join this discussion. If you could remind me off the steps to create a screen shot of the move, maybe that would help illustrate the problem(or lack of one). Eric
10-22-2017, 01:28 PM,
(10-22-2017, 07:16 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Thanks for your replys. As I was not the Israeli player, I cant say what altitude those choppers were flying at. I will get over to my opponent & ask him to join this discussion. If you could remind me off the steps to create a screen shot of the move, maybe that would help illustrate the problem(or lack of one). Eric

Which scenario are you playing?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-22-2017, 10:08 PM,
(10-22-2017, 07:16 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Thanks for your replys. As I was not the Israeli player, I cant say what altitude those choppers were flying at. I will get over to my opponent & ask him to join this discussion. If you could remind me off the steps to create a screen shot of the move, maybe that would help illustrate the problem(or lack of one). Eric

I believe the Helo that Eric is questioning is in fact flying at the H designation.....the others all took fire...question however with my Helo at the H level - they are able to move up on his AA units and fire and totally take them out....should that be possible if flying at the H level?

Scenario we are playing is - "Into the Ring" - a damn tough scenario thus far and really enjoyable - even though my Israeli units are suffering!
10-22-2017, 11:35 PM,
Thanks guys, I'll look into this!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-23-2017, 03:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 05:32 PM by Crossroads.)
Thanks guys, I don't have the 1.02 installed to my laptop, but I quickly checked this with 2.0. If, as you say, and I don't doubt you  Helmet Smile , Gunships that were able to fire at High air level cannot do it anymore. 

It may have had to do with the fact that Technicals w/AAA are flagged to have (light) armor, so they are HardTargets, so what must have happened was it fell to pray to your ATGMs, so that's how they were wiped out so easily. ATGMs pack quite a punch. 

However, MG fire, or ATGMs, are not supposed to be available from High air level, which is how at least 2.0 works, see below. So a fix is on its way. 

[Image: 6C4C034F08A74D59BB7FA45D51EA611C.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-24-2017, 06:32 AM,
Boisforas here, Steve is right: the cobras were too high for the 50 cals on the techno. As for the cobras taking out several technos at H, I think you guys addressed that issue. Thank you for your time(again), Eric