• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: April 2017 - Pairings
04-18-2017, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 01:44 PM by A Canadian Cat.)
Scenario of the Month: April 2017 - Pairings
Gentlemen,

Below are the pairings for the Scenario of the Month: April 2017

A quick remainder about the workflow:

The allied / blue  player is the one who will start the setup and send the first turn to his axis / red opponent.  The games are to be played using 'Iron' as skill level, unless otherwise agreed.  The game will count as an on-ladder game and will be reported just like a regular game unless you otherwise agree with your opponent.

Please don't forget when your game as started to post here, so we can keep track on the games which are in-progress.

Reminder we expect that these games are played using CMFI v2.00 (with the v4 Engine).

CMFI Primosole Bridge The First Day

Allies - Axis

Jpratt88 - Duff [FINISHED]
ANKulin - wellsonianm [FINISHED]
Stonecutter - Panzer Lehr [FINISHED]
Mad Mike - zinzan1963 [FINISHED]
karl_m - marco2marzo

See the Modern form for the pairings for Rolling Thunder.

You can contact your opponent by going to his profile and either sending him a private message or emailing him using the site's interface.

Good luck to everyone.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2017, 02:50 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: April 2017 - Pairings
CMFI - Mad Mike vs. zinzan - has started.  Helmet Smile
04-20-2017, 08:07 AM,
I am trout fishing this week! I will be. A k and ready to go Saturday evening.
04-24-2017, 09:11 PM,
karl_m - marco2marzo

Started !
06-14-2017, 09:08 AM,
After a delayed start Panzer Lehr and I are well into the battle. All will be well so long as the Axis doesn't receive ANY reinforcements !! :-)
07-27-2017, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2017, 01:36 PM by Stonecutter.)
Well, Panzer Lehr and I fought to a draw despite his slaughtering about 80% of my British Airborne troops! A scenario with a lot of potential but it has some major flaws in terms of balance and scoring that prevent it from being a battle that can go either way for victory. In fairness, the designer does indicate some of these drawbacks in the notes but I wouldn't recommend it unless you make some changes with the scenario editor so that it is truly a battle to see who can control the bridge (i.e. eliminate the exit zone, increase points for HOLDING bridge objectives, give the British force some MGs and mortars and perhaps some Armoured Car reinforcements to simulate the join up with the lead elements of the main advancing forces.)
10-14-2017, 06:12 AM,
Allies - Axis
Mad Mike - zinzan1963

Game finished in a draw - I'd agree with some of Stonecutters comments above - but OTOH I enjoyed the battle and the scenario was fun.
"But I don't want to see CM's code or any games code. That is like seeing your spouse and your love as hormones and neurons firing in various lobes on PET scans. Some things should just be enjoyed for what they are; and not analyzed any further.