• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent for Bulge 44 ( closed )
10-03-2017, 08:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 08:26 AM by von Mohr.)
Opponent Wanted  Opponent for Bulge 44 ( closed )
Hello Comrades,

I am looking for an opponent for the add-on campaign scenario titled " Bulge Revived ". I will play either side. I am negotiable on optional rules. I would like to exchange 3+ turns per week. If interested please send wire to my HQ.

von Mohr
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2017, 06:40 PM,
RE: Opponent for Bulge 44
(10-03-2017, 08:41 AM)von Mohr Wrote: Hello Comrades,

I am looking for an opponent for the add-on campaign scenario titled " Bulge Revived ". I will play either side. I am negotiable on optional rules. I would like to exchange 3+ turns per week. If interested please send wire to my HQ.

von Mohr

Hi,

I played two,three years ago this title.( the original historical scenario)
I'm interessed to start again. ( and more: my village is on the map but with a wrong name)
About the rythm, it's okay because I'm currently working in Asia ( far from home ....so far of my wife Whip, my children Jester ) so I get time to play.

However, the axis player must have a robust plan before starting, so whatever who will play axis it needs some time to prepare the breakthrough

About the rules, I like the option who lets isolated unit to surrendder but I have difficult with rules about explicit support. (I'm more and armor guy than a logistik guy).

my email [email protected]
10-05-2017, 03:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 03:16 AM by jonnymacbrown.)

von Mohr

Hey von Mohr! Kind of neet you want to play Bulge Revived. I designed that scenario with FM Warren Bajan about 10 years ago and he died year before last. That was a very sad time for me and I still miss him. Were he alive I would have some more updates. Bajan's work on this scenario was very accurate I feel; especially with the American deployments. We were working on Dark Winter when he died. We tried to simulate the short daylight in the Ardennes in December; where the sun sets @ 1600 and rises @ 0800. We did this with 4 daylight turns and 4 night turns. He died just when we were adjusting the final touches and I have been unable to bring myself to work on it again as it's too sad. The 4 night turns does negate American air-power.  Jonny
10-06-2017, 05:24 AM,
(10-05-2017, 03:13 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

von Mohr

Hey von Mohr! Kind of neet you want to play Bulge Revived. I designed that scenario with FM Warren Bajan about 10 years ago and he died year before last. That was a very sad time for me and I still miss him. Were he alive I would have some more updates. Bajan's work on this scenario was very accurate I feel; especially with the American deployments. We were working on Dark Winter when he died. We tried to simulate the short daylight in the Ardennes in December; where the sun sets @ 1600 and rises @ 0800. We did this with 4 daylight turns and 4 night turns. He died just when we were adjusting the final touches and I have been unable to bring myself to work on it again as it's too sad. The 4 night turns does negate American air-power.  Jonny

Hello Jonny,

Though I did not know Warren personally I really enjoyed his graphic mods. I played Bulge Revived a couple of years ago and enjoyed the scenario. Especially the Strategy Decision feature. I will have to look at Dark Winter it sounds interesting. Thank you for the note.

Tom
10-06-2017, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 05:33 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
(10-06-2017, 05:24 AM)von Mohr Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 03:13 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

von Mohr

Hello Jonny,

Though I did not know Warren personally I really enjoyed his graphic mods. I played Bulge Revived a couple of years ago and enjoyed the scenario. Especially the Strategy Decision feature. I will have to look at Dark Winter it sounds interesting. Thank you for the note.

Tom
Forgot about the strategy decisions! And that was my idea! Yes, those options do create a very interesting game. Where to land those German paratroops is one of the more agonizing decisions. jonny Rolling Eyes