• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SeaLion Artillery Dialog....
09-30-2017, 03:58 PM,
SeaLion Artillery Dialog....
Hello...

I have noticed that in the HPS Sealion game, the 'Artillery Dialog' functions differently.
When a unit is selected and it 'fires', it is then removed from the Artillery Dialog list. This is a great
variation, much better than the 'light' version of unavailable or used guns designations.

Is this a Sealion only variant. or can it be added/modded into the other HPS Campaign Series titles?
Is it a function of a setting at the start of a scenario, and I just didn't notice this before, or is it
only for this title?

Thanks for your help on this subject...

Dennis   Jester
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2017, 08:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017, 11:41 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: SeaLion Artillery Dialog....
(09-30-2017, 03:58 PM)dgk196 Wrote: Hello...

I have noticed that in the HPS Sealion game, the 'Artillery Dialog' functions differently.
When a unit is selected and it 'fires', it is then removed from the Artillery Dialog list. This is a great
variation, much better than the 'light' version of unavailable or used guns designations.

Is this a Sealion only variant. or can it be added/modded into the other HPS Campaign Series titles?
Is it a function of a setting at the start of a scenario, and I just didn't notice this before, or is it
only for this title?

Thanks for your help on this subject...

Dennis   Jester

Hey Dennis: 

In all the PzC and MC games I own, the Artillery Dialog works as you describe.  Smile 

Artillery units selected and "fired" are removed from the Artillery Dialog list.

Artillery units unavailable are lighter text.

No modding required!   Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-01-2017, 08:40 AM,
Same here as with Mike.
[Image: exercise.png]
10-06-2017, 04:17 AM,
(10-01-2017, 08:40 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Same here as with Mike.

Hello...

My bad! I hadn't played any of the smaller scenario's (any title) for quite a while. I was playing a small scenario in Sea Lion, there was a small number of artillery units. I had managed to play several consecutive turns in which all of the artillery units where available. So, it seemed like only the available units where being displayed, which it was. And since my availability for several turns made it look like the artillery dialog had changed, which it hadn't. But, that said, I'd like that to be a feature of the artillery dialog anyway. Why display unavailable units? So, thanks for pointing that out to me.

Dennis  Jester
10-12-2017, 12:25 AM,
(10-06-2017, 04:17 AM)dgk196 Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 08:40 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Same here as with Mike.

Hello...

Why display unavailable units?

Dennis  Jester

Hey Dennis:  Smoke7

Maybe to "remind" commanders of ALL their artillery resources?  Idea2

You may wish to move unavailable artillery units - get into covered terrain, close the range with the front lines or move your guns to another sector?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email