• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Star Shell
09-19-2017, 08:31 AM,
Star Shell
Does anyone know what the Star Shell in the upper left corner means? I see it during the day at times in some scenarios.

Thanks in advance.
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2017, 10:26 AM,
RE: Star Shell
(09-19-2017, 08:31 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Does anyone know what the Star Shell in the upper left corner means? I see it during the day at times in some scenarios.

Thanks in advance.

Might as well add how a night scenario with 4 hex visibility can change during the battle to see unlimited hexes without firing star shells. (the visibility still says 4 hexes and the star shell symbol appears in the upper left hand corner of the map)
Send this user an email
09-19-2017, 10:39 AM,
(09-19-2017, 10:26 AM)keif149 Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 08:31 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Does anyone know what the Star Shell in the upper left corner means? I see it during the day at times in some scenarios.

Thanks in advance.

Might as well add how a night scenario with 4 hex visibility can change during the battle to see unlimited hexes without firing star shells. (the visibility still says 4 hexes and the star shell symbol appears in the upper left hand corner of the map)

Yes, that too!
09-20-2017, 08:23 AM,
Images.

Not the Star Shell and how the LOS is more than 4 hexes.

[Image: u3u4B5e.jpg]

[Image: jDQpZKE.jpg]
09-20-2017, 08:30 AM,
Are you seeing this in all titles or just certain ones?
09-21-2017, 12:23 PM,
This has been around since the beginning of time and I don't think it was ever resolved. I don't know if it is in all of the titles or not as many don't have night scenarios, but I remember it happening in a Korea scenario about ten years ago. Funny what you remember some times.
09-21-2017, 02:16 PM,
(09-21-2017, 12:23 PM)Jeff Conner Wrote: This has been around since the beginning of time and I don't think it was ever resolved.  I don't know if it is in all of the titles or not as many don't have night scenarios, but I remember it happening in a Korea scenario about ten years ago.  Funny what you remember some times.

Thanks. I will have to try other titles to see if it happens. I've seen the "star shell" during the day in RV and TOD.
09-21-2017, 11:36 PM,
Probably something to bring up to Rich since they are trying to get another round of updates/fixes in order....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-22-2017, 05:16 AM,
(09-21-2017, 11:36 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Probably something to bring up to Rich since they are trying to get another round of updates/fixes in order....

How would I bring this up to Rich?