• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
12-21-2017, 09:05 PM,
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
Cheers John,

Maps: they should convert as-is, in principle. The new terrain types are a add-on, so what is there remains as they were. There are a few exceptions, for instance the old "Field" will translate to "Produce Field" that uses that slot, iirc, so should you like to have "Grain Field" instead those need to be manually altered. And as I mentioned, then you'd need to add any new terrain type for instance Ditch or Crest, or Airfield, ..., where you choose.

Similarly, some map tiles have altered in that there's more of them. Instead of six Special Building or Industrial Building types, there's now twelve of them. City tiles might be the same iirc (I am typing this from work, hush...).

OoBs are totally renewed, so those need to be created anew. Old JTCS files should offer plenty of help, and imho you don't actually need two monitors, if your display is decently sized. You can have on the left half and the other on the right half.

(Just in case this is not common knowledge, you can handily do this by selecting an app like JTCS Org Editor, then pressing Windows key + left arrow to have the app take over the left half. Then take the new Org Editor, and press Windows key + right arrow, that app now takes over the right half of display).

So yes, I agree it is not a free pass, and there's work involved. I find maps taking really the major part of any scenario design work, so I am glad those are the files that convert for most part.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle - by Crossroads - 12-21-2017, 09:05 PM