• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
12-18-2017, 04:18 AM,
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
If I want to appreciate the battle I can/should read a book. This scenario does not (from a CS perspective) lead me to appreciate the battle.

This scenario has many flaws. Mostly ones of a lack of understanding of how points should be used to obtain balance, while still keeping it fun for both sides.
Secondly, knowing what effects half strength units suffer in the way of morale and shooting.
Platoons of two strength, or one strength, armor moving forward into hidden enemy units and suffering surprise opt fire is not my favorite either. Even a two strength fire against hard targets under those conditions disrupt or kill.

I, too, do not want to play a scenario (especially a large one) that is fated to be played the same way each time to be able to win. My opponents in a recent team game were surprised that the exit hexes behind the Soviet lines were exit hexes for the Soviets. Couple that with full strength units counterattacking against already damaged German units. Formula for disaster and frustration.

And, for me, who does not like to play larger scenarios, this team game was a one to two hour torture. Especially knowing the results will not change and then thinking about enduring the Soviet avalanche that was upcoming.

What this scenario does is take away any fun that the game intrinsically has. And, scale has nothing to do with my dislike. I find most of the CS scenarios translated from Panzer L/B  have the same flaws as are exposed by this scenario. Design flaws and lack of balance or fun.

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle - by Herr Straße Laufer - 12-18-2017, 04:18 AM