• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
11-27-2017, 06:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 06:16 AM by zap.)
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
4. I have to agree In reply to Coles observations. What were the Germans thinking? I'm his opponent. In planning the German side I looked at the north and the 100 point VP hex.. That attack involved a river crossing with bridges. That looked too costly. But as Cole noted the Germans didn't know what was waiting for them in the East. 

I just withdrew all my bridge units and boats. And not attack North but just fired at what I could see hoping to cause casualties and build points.  South and East I decided to unload artillery as far as it could reach. Took all armor available to do a search and destroy mission to the south. I did destroy many Russian tanks that way but at a cost. We are on turn 30 I'm left with maybe twenty tanks in all. Its simply retreating the Germans (quickly) there is no resistance capabilities. However, as Cole noted the Russians now have a point problem.

If the German player follows the historical plan of attack (its a loss for sure). Just for gaming purposes, This scenario from the German perspective to win or draw (attacking historically as the Germans did or another plan) they must hit and gain points early on and then retreat (I mean completely form the battlefield).
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle - by zap - 11-27-2017, 06:07 AM