• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some new CS screenshots
09-23-2017, 12:25 AM,
RE: Some new CS screenshots
One of the new cool features in CSME 2.0, and in all future games thereafter as well, is the "Night Vision" look. A night turn now looks like it's actually night. Gone forever is the shadow mesh thing of the past.

Here's a Night turn, with 2D Zoom-in view, with NATO icons in counters:

[Image: C9B22009B3984FD0BAD5BF0053DDD263.jpg]

And here's the same scenario with 3D Zoom-out view:

[Image: 419B4A9B5DA845C692876A519EF427D2.jpg]

(right click and choose to open in new tab for real size pictures)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2017, 12:38 AM,
(09-23-2017, 12:25 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: And here's the same scenario with 3D Zoom-out view:

Here's the brand new 3D Zoom-in view again (with Large Toolbar), for comparison:

[Image: 525C73724F774000B943162C2B6E88C7.jpg]

(right click, open in new tab for real size)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-23-2017, 12:43 AM,
^ Again, the trick done with 3D Zoom-in zoom level is that the units were kept the same, from JTCS Normal view, but the terrain is now 150% larger. Units spread out quite neatly within a stacked hex now, don't you think Helmet Smile

(do view the picture above having right clicked + opened in new tab)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-02-2017, 05:16 AM,
(10-02-2017, 05:07 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 03:53 AM)Cole Wrote: Battle Kat - what you mentioned concerning artillery is something I hope is considered when producing EF III.

No need to port over two chances to fire per turn without justification for that.  Thought is one mission a turn is better but for the next go around, I hope more thought is given to the time each turn is supposed to represent.

Yes, artillery is one of the items to receive some additional attention, hopefully already for VN, let alone EF III. 

Organizational spotting is high on the wish list, but we haven't got into looking whether it would require a huge coding effort, or would be something easier. Everyone likes a low hanging fruit, se here's hoping. 

I'd like to see a chance for scatter as well for spotted artillery too, it is too much of a precision strike now.

One fire mission per turn would be simply about adjusting the fire cost. That's a no-brainer (technically, that is. Needs to be considered from all sides, first).

By the way, future games as of CSME 2.0 will run unencrypted files on solo mode (vs-AI, hot seat, campaigns, battle generator). Easier to mod if you don't like something, or would like to try something yourself! PBEM and LAN remain encrypted.

Don't take my word for it though  Propeller Hat

[Image: 6EEF7EE7B94B42E68BBBD13EB2E6BEE6.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-02-2017, 07:23 AM,
Very nice.

I was looking into John Tiller's (Peace Be Upon Him) Panzer Battles and Panzer Campaigns, even did a couple of blog posts with interviews as I did enjoy the games but I really missed the 3D views from Campaign Series. These screen shots really make me excited for the upcoming East Front III (I should get Middle East but putting it off as there's only so many hours in the day..).
10-03-2017, 01:01 AM,
(10-02-2017, 07:23 AM)Cole Wrote: Very nice.

I was looking into John Tiller's (Peace Be Upon Him) Panzer Battles and Panzer Campaigns, even did a couple of blog posts with interviews as I did enjoy the games but I really missed the 3D views from Campaign Series. These screen shots really make me excited for the upcoming East Front III (I should get Middle East but putting it off as there's only so many hours in the day..).

We're hoping Matrix / Slitherine puts the game on campaign pricing when 2.0 is released, but it is beyond our control... There's always the Matrix Xmas sale though. 

No reason not to buy it, days are getting shorter so there's MORE hours during the night for serious war gaming!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-03-2017, 01:03 AM,
Here's the new Scenario Editor 2.0, with Fritzfarligt's HUGE "Conquest of Sinai 1967" opened for QA:ing. New, large Toolbar there, with the new design icons. 

[Image: 14039EB3C210450DBDE3DE9BFECF22FE.jpg]

Again, right click image open in new tab for full size pictue.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-29-2017, 06:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2017, 06:07 PM by Crossroads.)
Over the past week, we've put our first East Front III build together with the latest code and data. Here's a random test scenario with a German and Russian mot inf coy put into map just to see them come live.

Current thinking with EFIII color scheme is to base it on the good ole Panzergrau. Right click the picture, then open in new tab to see in actual size (2D Zoom-In view):

[Image: 3B2C1407A9C745538E96EF56DD58F88A.jpg]

3D graphics screenshots to follow later, as they demand more work. Temperate terrain 2D however is pretty much good to go  Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-31-2017, 04:22 AM,
Don't like the colors in the toolbar. Why don't you just use one color for all the games?
12-31-2017, 04:57 AM,
I'm not liking the look of the terrain ... at all. Horse2

The toolbar looks like a mock up and will be refined in a future presentation?

Farmer

HSL