Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2017, 10:39 PM,
RE: Red Victory or Eagles Strike
I'll take an Eagles Strike. bkolcun45atgmaildotcom
08-13-2017, 05:35 PM,
(08-12-2017, 10:39 PM)kolc Wrote: I'll take an Eagles Strike.  bkolcun45atgmaildotcom

On the way Tank6
08-23-2017, 06:09 PM,
(08-12-2017, 06:02 PM)Embis Wrote: Looking for opponent, any takers?

I'm ready to play Red Victory scenarios. It's been a long time since my last encounter with the game, though. 
[email protected] - if you're interested.
08-24-2017, 01:01 PM,
Squad battles...seeking info
Greetings All

As a new player I an wondering if I have bought into a dead game system, judging by the activity, but Rich told me to carry on, so I bought Red Victory...and am enjoying it hugely...reminds me of the old SL board games to which I was once addicted.

If any wise owl is about, please answer one simple question (and yes I have searched the maze)...Can weapon effectiveness be recovered, or is it simply a diminishing figure?

Thanks for any response, and I wish all well in what is a very quiet gaming forum

Rab
08-25-2017, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 12:28 PM by Jeff Conner.)
RE: Squad battles...seeking info
I wasn't sure about the answer to this question.  A unit's effectiveness will increase with rest, but I didn't know about weapons.  So I created a test scenario.  My unit recovered 14% of effectiveness over seven turns.  The squad's weapons all recovered 9% over the same seven turns although they did not all recover the same amount each turn.  So, yes, weapons will recover effectiveness over time.  Is the recovery fast enough to make a significant difference in the course of a game?  Probably not.  Some designers have included caches of weapons as either reinforcements or a depot to enable units to restock ammo, but they are few and far between.

And with that said, not all of the games have values in the pdt for recovery.  In those games, as the recovery rate is set to zero, neither units or weapons will recover.  Red Victory's main pdt has recovery rates of 5 for both sides.  If I remember correctly, this means that a random percentage of between 0% and 5% of a unit's lost effectiveness will be recovered each turn (or an average of 2.5% per turn).  This value can be different for the opposing sides.
Hope this helps some