• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

army status line in logistics phase log
08-04-2017, 01:19 PM,
army status line in logistics phase log
What exactly is that telling me?  In this turn it states:

Active 693455//Transfer 45701//Disabled 1.5M//Units 7.8M//TOE 8.2M//Balance -434347

Of course the manual states nothing about it and the "how to read the logistics log" doesn't either.  To me it seems like it is saying I need 43K more men to bring all units up to capacity, and at this point I don't have them.  Is that right?  If so, do I just stop building support units until the balance goes back in the positive?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 01:30 PM,
RE: army status line in logistics phase log
Agreed on your take overall. But 434K short of TOE in units. Probably 45K moved to the units this turn. Disabled are wounded, long term sick, etc, and I would guess a very small part will become available over time, etc.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-04-2017, 03:46 PM,
(08-04-2017, 01:30 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Agreed on your take overall. But 434K short of TOE in units. Probably 45K moved to the units this turn. Disabled are wounded, long term sick, etc, and I would guess a very small part will become available over time, etc.

Rick

Hi Guys,

Rick is spot on for the disabled. The 434K is the number of men needed to bring his units to Max MTOE, 100%. With an 8M man Soviet Army, 434K isn't bad, what year are you in in the game, Weasel? 7.8 Million men is a Soviet Steamroller! You are always going to be short men. I set my MTOE max to 90% to helps units and the replacement system to compensate. You are only short 5% of your total force roughly. Your units are at 95% strength (in theory). You're in good shape.

Breakdown. Active 693455//Transfer 45701 //Disabled 1.5M//Units 7.8M//TOE 8.2M//Balance -434347

8.2M men for 100% strength units. Your target strength.
7.8 are in units. Actual strength.

Men in Production System
1.5 M men are disabled, (KIA, WIA, MIA, Awol, Deserters, etc etc) Missing strength, sent back to production.
693455 men are in the active pool to report to units as replacements
45701 are transferring from the production pool (recruitment and training) to the active pool

That leaves you short -434347. (8.2m-7.8m = 400,000est.) You have 700,000 men in active pools for units, so you may have you MTOEs set at 90%. Look at the Commander Report under the units tab.

It will not add up exactly because men are coming and going through the system. So it grabs a snapshot number of men in units and needed to fill units in the logistic phase.

In the What's New PDF,

v1.09.01 - November 24, 2016

35. Added manpower statistics for every active country on given side to logistics phase log. They show active manpower pool, transfer manpower pool, disabled manpower pool, actual number of men in units, number of men that should be in units according to their TOEs, and a difference between those two numbers. German totals include Hiwis. Those values are calculated at the end of the logistics phase, after replacements were dispatched.

You can toggle the pools in the production screen by selecting All Pools, Active Polls, and Transfer Pools (bottom right). This is part of the drive to fix all the erroneous reporting that has plague the game and provide the player correct information. These are some excellent additions to the game.

The manuals again have the info all over the place. Not to mention manpower reporting has had a lot of errors. The 1.11 beta is fixing some of these too. Reading through the What's New's back to 1.09.00 helps explain some of the changes.

Check Rules 18.2 Replacements for further info. Again, the info is a bit all over.

Hope this helps, See you on the Steppe!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
08-05-2017, 07:31 AM,
Thanks guys.  My TOE are at 93%. I have 8M men under arms, NO WAY!  I have built maybe 4 divisions total, all the rest are the automatic reinforcements.  I have built maybe 20 air units too, and that is it.  Game is March 19, 1942.
************************************************************************************************
I checked my commanders report and it says I have 7.8M men, 99011 guns, 7574 AFVs and 6007 planes.  Like I said, I haven't added that much so maybe it is because my losses have been relatively low:  2.9M to 1.4M.  The Germans have now lost 12 Pz, 8 Mot and 21 Inf divisions plus all the lesser stuff.

[Image: Game%20map.jpg]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-05-2017, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 07:50 AM by Gris.)
(08-05-2017, 07:31 AM)Weasel Wrote: Thanks guys.  My TOE are at 93%. I have 8M men under arms, NO WAY!  I have built maybe 4 divisions total, all the rest are the automatic reinforcements.  I have built maybe 20 air units too, and that is it.  Game is March 19, 1942.
************************************************************************************************
I checked my commanders report and it says I have 7.8M men, 99011 guns, 7574 AFVs and 6007 planes.  Like I said, I haven't added that much so maybe it is because my losses have been relatively low:  2.9M to 1.4M.  The Germans have now lost 12 Pz, 8 Mot and 21 Inf divisions plus all the lesser stuff.

[Image: Game%20map.jpg]

I wonder if it is part of the beta, I might be too used to seeing the wrong numbers now that we are getting the right ones. I will have to remember to check my game around March 42. Losses are low too.

Edit: Could be an AI vs HTH game difference, since I am playing HTH, just thought of that.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
08-05-2017, 08:03 AM,
I am sure it is the AI, a human would not drive 2 Pz divisions into a gap east of Smolensk, see the door closed, and leave them there. I want to play this out but next time the AI Axis will get a boost.