• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Best HPS/JTS Napoleonic Campaign to Buy Next?
07-08-2017, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 04:43 AM by phoenix.)
RE: Best HPS/JTS Napoleonic Campaign to Buy Next?
The best maps, giving the most interesting gameplay, imvho, are in Marengo and BPW. The Liepzig maps are big open spaces all round. Ditto Austerlitz, Bautzen (save, possibly, the RSW CL scenarios), Russia and even Waterloo (again, except the CL scenarios). The BPW and Marengo maps are fantastic. Like I said, that's my VERY humble opinion. I'm very far from an expert. And, anyway, I guess it's too late to put in my support of these two titles, if you already plumped for Liepzig...
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2017, 10:54 PM,
Thanks for the info.  I will keep this in mind also if I decide to buy another at some point.
07-13-2017, 03:12 PM,
I am taking it to another level in my current game I am working on which is all about the French Rev Wars of 1792-1800 in France, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland and Germany. The maps are really intense with terrain. Artwork is nice too ... used unique hussar images for France and Austria. Lots of emigre' units. Lots of Dutch (both Dutch Republic and Batavian Republic). French have tons of National guard images. Lots of Austrian auxiliary units. Really enjoying working on this one. The research was a killer. Those battles are very obscure and less attention has been given to them than in Italy for 1796-1800. Its like doing the 1814 game all over again. Lots of missing everything - officer names, brigade organization ... you name it.

This will be my "creme de la creme" game design to be honest. I almost didnt do the game it was looking that bad at first. Some battles like Tournay and Tourcoing almost got left out. Glad I did them now as we have plenty of British, Hanoverian, Hessians, Dutch Republic units to use.

I am done with 3 of the 4 historical campaign files... getting near the end of the process. Wont be out for several months but keep your eyes out for a new one from JTS by yours truly and team.