• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

new scens
06-13-2017, 11:00 PM,
new scens
hi just finished the all scens on the dien phien phu disc , are there any scens made by the members for download ,
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2017, 12:19 AM,
RE: new scens
To my knowledge, no, at least none that have been put out to the gaming community...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-16-2017, 05:00 PM,
ok
thanks

not surprising the scen editor seems a lot of effort
I found some on task force echo 4
06-17-2017, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2017, 06:16 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
(06-16-2017, 05:00 PM)shorttape Wrote: ok
thanks

I currently run TFE4, if there's anything I can do for you, let me know. There aren't any scenarios over there for DBP, but most of the other titles have them plus lots of graphics stuff.

I don't think the editor is the reason for the lack of scenarios. As you can see on TFE4, there are hundred of custom scenarios for various games. DBP is one of the best researched games in the series, I feel. Mike Cox did an amazing job of re-creating the 'feel' for the battle, as well as other engagements in that conflict. It's truly an under-rated game in the series. It's one of my top 3, easily.
06-17-2017, 04:35 PM,
(06-17-2017, 06:06 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
thanks

I currently run TFE4, if there's anything I can do for you, let me know.  There aren't any scenarios over there for DBP, but most of the other titles have them plus lots of graphics stuff.

I don't think the editor is the reason for the lack of scenarios.  As you can see on TFE4, there are hundred of custom scenarios for various games.  DBP is one of the best researched games in the series, I feel.  Mike Cox did an amazing job of re-creating the 'feel' for the battle, as well as other engagements in that conflict.  It's truly an under-rated game in the series.  It's one of my top 3, easily.

yes I see the content looks promising .
so at this time TFE4 is the only group making new scens ?
this post brought a lot of attention , but very few responses
does this indicate more scens needed from  the boys supplying the game ?
or even your team
06-20-2017, 01:47 AM,
(06-17-2017, 04:35 PM)shorttape Wrote:
thanks

I currently run TFE4, if there's anything I can do for you, let me know.  There aren't any scenarios over there for DBP, but most of the other titles have them plus lots of graphics stuff.

I don't think the editor is the reason for the lack of scenarios.  As you can see on TFE4, there are hundred of custom scenarios for various games.  DBP is one of the best researched games in the series, I feel.  Mike Cox did an amazing job of re-creating the 'feel' for the battle, as well as other engagements in that conflict.  It's truly an under-rated game in the series.  It's one of my top 3, easily.

or even your team

TFE4 is largely archival at this point.  Nearly all of this work was done long before I ever took over the over-site of the website.   Very little work is being done nowadays, at least that is being released to the general SB public.  I've made calls for content multiple times with very little response....
06-20-2017, 04:18 AM,
(06-20-2017, 01:47 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 04:35 PM)shorttape Wrote:
thanks

or even your team

TFE4 is largely archival at this point.  Nearly all of this work was done long before I ever took over the over-site of the website.   Very little work is being done nowadays, at least that is being released to the general SB public.  I've made calls for content multiple times with very little response....
06-20-2017, 04:26 AM,
that's a real shame , as you can see by the hits (190 off ) it looks like there is a interest in rdy made scens , which would breath new life into games .
does the SB company have a point of contact that the members of this forum could lobby for more mods and scens
06-21-2017, 04:04 AM,
(06-20-2017, 04:26 AM)shorttape Wrote: that's a real shame , as you can see by the hits (190 off ) it looks like there is a interest in rdy made scens , which would breath new life into games .
does the SB company have a point of contact that the members of this forum could lobby for more mods and scens

It wouldn't do much good, being honest.  The only time Tiller released extra scenarios in an official fashion was the last update of Tour of Duty, and that only happened because Mike Cox really wanted to put out a new set of scenarios.  SB has been de-emphasized within JTS to focus more on Panzer Battles.  The only scenarios that will come out will have to be done by a third party, and not many folks are doing it anymore....